Can u buy 100 $13 psu's and test them

Ryanwake

I bet the reason $13-$25 power supplies just have a higher failure rate. And maybe if u follow the 80% rule you won't run into a short lifespan.

But ide love to see benchmark these for a year, disassemble a few, to see if the parts actually have the listed specs.

And i hear welders and other things are basically expensive power supplies, and u could modify them into spot welders or something after your done with them.

And after u test it u could build a cheap af pc, and sell it as a media pc.

1. Just get a good PSU

2. That's $1300 in PSUs alone

3. You will need 100 equal PCs to use, which is more money and tons of power

4. Massive fire hazard as I guarantee most will fail spectacularly

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Set all that up for New Years and you'll have one hell of a fireworks display.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

I bet the reason $13-$25 power supplies just have a higher failure rate. And maybe if u follow the 80% rule you won't run into a short lifespan.

But ide love to see benchmark these for a year, disassemble a few, to see if the parts actually have the listed specs.

And i hear welders and other things are basically expensive power supplies, and u could modify them into spot welders or something after your done with them.

you get what you pay for.... server psu can be an idea but you have to modafie them to work with a pc.

my dad once got a $40 1000w psu and well it lasted 3 moths he did have a warranty but i told him its not worth it just take a loss.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Corsair already did that some 10 years ago....

Hardware Insights also has a number of videos of cheap PSUs blowing up well below their specified rating:

https://www.youtube.com/user/shovenose/videos

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Will "Light-on" power supply for 15$ do this?.. Yes?..

Ok, but it's like in every pre-built Acer PC, and even in Russia, with constant electrical problems and minimal protection, so many people have it, and by the way you say it, you should constantly hear news about fires from bad PSUs... which are none...

11 hours ago, imTheSupremeOne said:

Ok, but it's like in every pre-built Acer PC, and even in Russia, with constant electrical problems and minimal protection, so many people have it, and by the way you say it, you should constantly hear news about fires from bad PSUs... which are none...

Uh.... Are you talking about LiteOn, a large large and reputable PSU manufacturer for major companies...? Just because you can't do basic research, doesn't mean that Lite-On is a bad brand

Edited by seon123
👀

:)

20 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1. Just get a good PSU

2. That's $1300 in PSUs alone

3. You will need 100 equal PCs to use, which is more money and tons of power

Well obviously they couldn't get 1300 to test for a year, but they could stress test ten a week, then test the last batch for a year.

They've already taking precautions for their server room, they know what they're doing and they would take precautions for fire. 

And I imagine old cheap components can easily be a 300 watt PC or a 750 watt PC.

Yeah obviously 13 * 100 is 1300, you should see the budget for the video though. Plus I'm sure they have parts for 10 pieces lying around.

They don't have to buy 100 I'm sure they can get plenty of information out of 10. I just don't I think that would convince to figure out what cheap psus are good or bad. 

Because most pre-builts come with crap power supplies, and HP z200 2010 pre built with no gpu been running for 5 years as a media pc. 

The only thing died is a hard drive

11 hours ago, imTheSupremeOne said:

10 hours ago, seon123 said:

Uh.... Are you talking about Lite-On, a large large and reputable PSU manufacturer for major companies...? Just because you can't do basic research, doesn't mean that Lite-On is a bad brand

Totally forgot LiteON made PSUs...holy jeez...

Their PSUs actually lasted...man...

My go-to for CD-RW and DVD-RW optical drives were always LiteON ones, though 😆

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

20 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

How about just one $15 PSU:  

You could also go to the junkyard, get a car battery, and toss a wrench across the terminals

"Rawr XD"

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

How about just one $15 PSU:  

Somehow they still managed to see a need to produce a 240W PSU

But hey, it's got RGB!

"Rawr XD"

Tech's and engineers that are familiar with SMPS can pretty much figure it out by a physical inspection, which shows build quality, circuit topology/type and components.

From there they already hav a good idea of the quality (or lack of).

They then do some tests and push the limits, like high temperature and/or 100% or more load and so on.

Then they have a well reasoned and informed opinion as to how good a PSU is.

This is how good reviews are already done. Why would you need to waste money on buying a large quantity of trash to know that?

Also a giveaway on budget prices can be the components and cost prices. If something costs less than the sum of parts at the best price breaks, let alone at profit, then corners have been cut hard, there is counterfeit/fake parts and so on.