No video output once drivers are installed.

stil7z

A little weird backstory before I start, since it might matter. I recently had a big issue with a build I was putting together. I had an rx580 that would not start up. Fans would spin for a moment and then nothing.

This was a newly put together build that had a Ryzen 5 1600, so no integrated graphics. Since I couldn't get the rx580 to start. I pulled a gt1030 from an old system to see if I could get display out. This was successful but I shortly began getting blue screens of multiple types within seconds of booting into windows, and eventually no more display out.

Upon returning the 1030 to it's original system. It was giving no display out again. I removed the card and booted with integrated graphics, un installed the 1030 drivers, put the card back in and got display out from the card again. This is where I run into my problem. Once I install the drivers the screen goes black. 

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. It seems the generic drivers windows gives the card once its detected work, but the moment the nvidia drivers finish installing (before and after a restart) I lose my display. Any ideas on where to start with this one?

try re flashing the card 

the firmware could be the problem 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: