Xiaomi confirms RedmiBook 16 design ahead of imminent release; up to 12 hours battery life from Ryzen 4000 Renoir processors

AshRiver

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-confirms-RedmiBook-16-design-ahead-of-imminent-release-up-to-12-hours-battery-life-from-Ryzen-4000-Renoir-processors.466755.0.html

Xiaomi has confirmed the design of the RedmiBook 16 ahead of its official release. Launching tomorrow, the RedmiBook 16 will also support up to 12 hours of battery life from its Ryzen 4000 Renoir processors. A plethora of ports are on board too, as is a fingerprint scanner.

The RedmiBook 16 is almost here, with Xiaomi having already confirmed heaps about one of its next Redmi-branded laptops. Previously, the company has claimed that the device's Ryzen 4000 Renoir processors will "deliver up to 60% better performance" compared to their predecessors. Additionally, the RedmiBook 16 has been shown to have a 16.1-inch display with a 90% screen-to-body ratio, putting it in direct competition with the MagicBook Pro 2020.

Xiaomi is not content with leaving any surprises before it announces the RedmiBook 16 tomorrow, though. Instead, it and its CEO have published yet more photos of the device. Based on the photos uploaded to Weibo, the RedmiBook 16 will have two USB Type-A ports, which Xiaomi has complemented with two Type-C ports, an HDMI output and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. It seems that Xiaomi has opted for downward-firing speakers too, along with a large trackpad that has integrated mouse buttons. Moreover, the device has a six-row keyboard that Xiaomi has recessed within its chassis. A fingerprint scanner is also on board, which would appear to be integrated within the power button.

Xiaomi is promising that the RedmiBook 16 will achieve up to 12 hours of battery life, too. The company is yet to disclose the capacity of the device's battery, but manufacturer battery life estimates rarely relate to real-world usage. The RedmiBook 16 will also feature fast-charging. According to Xiaomi, the RedmiBook 16 can reach 50% charge in just 38 minutes with its 65 W charger. The company has stressed the compactness of said charger, too.
Pricing remains a mystery, as does international availability. We imagine that third-party retailers like Gearbest will stock the RedmiBook 16 shortly after its release tomorrow at 14:00 China Standard Time (CST) (UTC+08:00), though.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

We don't have what Ryzen 4000 processor this RedmiBook16 will have but 12 hours battery life is impressive to me, but I know there are some laptops out there can do 24 hours battery life with Intel cpu. This is AMD cpu laptop so it is impressive to me.  

In China it's beaten by Lenovo's Ideapad 5 15. Too many weaknesses.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hopefully OEMs Wil realize that Renoir delivers vastly superior efficiency for ULV designs. This is indeed promising

Too bad XiaoMi doesn't sell a lot of their laptops outside of Asia.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

9 hours ago, genexis_x said:

In China it's beaten by Lenovo's Ideapad 5 15. Too many weaknesses.

Ideapads are garbage, writing from one. Lenovo cant even come close to xiaomi's fine builds.

Not bad. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

It's available for pre-order on Gearbest: https://m.gearbest.com/ultrabooks/pp_3008693117937832.html?wid=2000001

The high end model with the Ryzen 7 and 16GB of RAM at $870 is pretty tempting. Now I've never owned any Xiaomi laptop and my main concern here is the OS part. I know for a fact that their Android layer isn't well optimized, having own a Xiaomi phone. I also have a Huawei Matebook and the driver part/software optimization kinda sucks too.

Maybe that's what you have to sacrifice for the low price. I'll be waiting for the long term reviews though.