Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you guys think would be a better time to buy a new PC?

Slugster

Planning on buy a new gaming PC (prebuilt), based off previous years do you think 4th of July would have better discounts or on Amazon prime day? 

you chose the wrong to forum to ask about prebuilts xd i can guarantee there will be at least one person trying to convince you to build your own

btw i think prime day will have better deals but i don't think ive ever seen discounts on built systems

Historically, fourth of july has not been a notably good time for PC part costs.

In fact, traditional holidays rarely have any kind of discount for things like graphics cards, CPU, ram, etc.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The best time of the year for deals on prebuilts(please don't) and computer components in general is Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Out of July 4th and Amazon Prime Day? July 4th is more likely to have prebuilt manufacturers selling them for discounts over prime day, but I doubt it will be anything substantial if at all. Amazon doesn't really sell gaming PCs from the big prebuilt manufacturers they are mostly off brands besides like proprietary prebuilts like HP and Dell, which I wouldn't recommend especially if you want to upgrade the computer later on.

Personally I wouldn't do any prebuilt, I'd wait for BF and CM and buy the parts to build it myself that would be the best way if you are looking for price to performance or discounts, prebuilts even on sale are generally very overpriced.

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 Gaming OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Deep Black 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

3 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

you chose the wrong to forum to ask about prebuilts xd i can guarantee there will be at least one person trying to convince you to build your own

btw i think prime day will have better deals but i don't think ive ever seen discounts on built systems

I understand, but I've built my PC twice now and I'm much more financially stable atm so I rather comfortably purchase a prebuilt PC in general 

Edit: Unless there's a place where I can pick all the parts and they simply put the PC together without any hassle from my end 

1 hour ago, Slugster said:

I understand, but I've built my PC twice now and I'm much more financially stable atm so I rather comfortably purchase a prebuilt PC in general 

Edit: Unless there's a place where I can pick all the parts and they simply put the PC together without any hassle from my end 

If you can build a Lego set, you can build a PC. There's at most 20 pieces. I got an ex to build one and it only took her an hour.

1 hour ago, ki8aras said:

if youre in europe, caseking.de does system assembly

Why would you think he's in Europe if the 4th of July is a holiday?

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, ki8aras said:

if youre in europe, caseking.de does system assembly

Only in America one would even think Independence Day as shopping spree time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

If you can build a Lego set, you can build a PC. There's at most 20 pieces. I got an ex to build one and it only took her an hour.

I totally agree with you on this with this analogy. Building your own computer is so easy and the OP has built two already. 

PCPartPicker is a great website to use when building your own computer as it checks for compatibility issues. I've used PCPartPicker to build my first build and the build I am currently writing to you now on. Now in terms of sales if you want to go the prebuilt route (I personally would not recommend), I'd watch the sales on different websites that offer them from time to time to see the offerings through a couple weeks or the year. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I totally agree with you on this with this analogy. Building your own computer is so easy and the OP has built two already. 

PCPartPicker is a great website to use when building your own computer as it checks for compatibility issues. I've used PCPartPicker to build my first build and the build I am currently writing to you now on. Now in terms of sales if you want to go the prebuilt route (I personally would not recommend), I'd watch the sales on different websites that offer them from time to time to see the offerings through a couple weeks or the year. 

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

Op said that he knows how to build PCs....he just doesn’t care enough and doesn’t mind spending a bit more