Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fingerprint problem

Dean0919

I have this weird problem: On our android phone (Redmi 5 plus) apps that use fingerprint unlock don't work. For example, bank application crashes when I try to enable fingerprint login there. I downloades from playstore the application fingerprint test and it also crashes when I try to launch. I downloaded same application in my android phone (Redmi S2) and it works there. But what's weird that, fingerprint sensor works physically. For example we can unlock phone with fingerprint ad in settings we can remove and add new fingerprints.

Any advices?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: Windows 10 64bit

4 minutes ago, jason938 said:

I have this weird problem: On our android phone (Redmi 5 plus) apps that use fingerprint unlock don't work. For example, bank application crashes when I try to enable fingerprint login there. I downloades from playstore the application fingerprint test and it also crashes when I try to launch. I downloaded same application in my android phone (Redmi S2) and it works there. But what's weird that, fingerprint sensor works physically. For example we can unlock phone with fingerprint ad in settings we can remove and add new fingerprints.

Any advices?

Do you have root?

Try to remove all fingerprints and add them back. It happened once on my Redmi Note 5 and I solved it this way

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz (-75mV Core // -5mV Cache) RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition ( +295 Mhz core // +120 Mhz memory)  PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit // Manjaro

Just now, Parideboy said:

Do you have root?

Try to remove all fingerprints and add them back. It happened once on my Redmi Note 5 and I solved it this way

I don't know what is root.

Okay, will remove all fingerprints now and add new one. Let's see if it helps.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: Windows 10 64bit

No, unfortunately it didn't help.

Root permission grants you 'Admin' privileges. Sometimes it might act funky with biometric authentication or GPay, for example.

Have you done system updates recently?

You can try a cache wipe. This will delete the cache only, no user data is lost.

Spoiler
  1. Turn off the device. Then press and hold the Volume up + Power key for a few seconds. Release all the buttons when you see the Mi logo.
  2. Then select Restore and tap OK.
  3. At this point, you should see something like this
  4. x3.jpg
  5. Navigate using the volume buttons and use the power button to select and choose 'Wipe Cache'

If you have something like this, we can't proceed without losing data.

nkqx23loq1221.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&

If I were you, I would leave this as a final resort, since your phone will be restored to factory settings and you will lose all data

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz (-75mV Core // -5mV Cache) RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition ( +295 Mhz core // +120 Mhz memory)  PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz

18 hours ago, Parideboy said:

Root permission grants you 'Admin' privileges. Sometimes it might act funky with biometric authentication or GPay, for example.

Have you done system updates recently?

You can try a cache wipe. This will delete the cache only, no user data is lost.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Turn off the device. Then press and hold the Volume up + Power key for a few seconds. Release all the buttons when you see the Mi logo.
  2. Then select Restore and tap OK.
  3. At this point, you should see something like this
  4. x3.jpg
  5. Navigate using the volume buttons and use the power button to select and choose 'Wipe Cache'

If you have something like this, we can't proceed without losing data.

nkqx23loq1221.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&

If I were you, I would leave this as a final resort, since your phone will be restored to factory settings and you will lose all data

Seems like this phone was hacked too. When I checked my wife's Google account, I saw some unknown Samsung device among our devices. I also remembered that someone tried to hack her Facebook few days ago with Samsung phone. We changed her Facebook password and added more security measures there, however I didn't know that person hacked her Google too and seems like he hacked it too, then otherwise I can't explain how in her Google devices that Samsung was sitting. Unfortunately there's no option to remove his phone there at all, so all I did was to sign him out. So, after I signed out his phone in Google, I changed her Google password and then did hard factory reset (wiping out everything, not only data) on her phone and obviously didn't use old backups, but chose fresh install. Now, I checked this fingerprint problem and it's solved too. I don't know if it was also connected to this hacker or not, but it's fixed now too. Now, we're gonna install only few trusted apps from only Google playestore.

19 minutes ago, jason938 said:

Seems like this phone was hacked too. When I checked my wife's Google account, I saw some unknown Samsung device among our devices. I also remembered that someone tried to hack her Facebook few days ago with Samsung phone. We changed her Facebook password and added more security measures there, however I didn't know that person hacked her Google too and seems like he hacked it too, then otherwise I can't explain how in her Google devices that Samsung was sitting. Unfortunately there's no option to remove his phone there at all, so all I did was to sign him out. So, after I signed out his phone in Google, I changed her Google password and then did hard factory reset (wiping out everything, not only data) on her phone and obviously didn't use old backups, but chose fresh install. Now, I checked this fingerprint problem and it's solved too. I don't know if it was also connected to this hacker or not, but it's fixed now too. Now, we're gonna install only few trusted apps from only Google playestore.

This is definitely a red flag. If you didn't use any sort of android emulators with that account (that spoof themself as Samsung devices for compatibility) that's suspicious.
Make sure you activate 2FA on the google account as well. Even if someone was able to get your password, they'll still need confirmation (either from an SMS code or another trusted device connected to the google account) just to log in.

2 hours ago, Parideboy said:

This is definitely a red flag. If you didn't use any sort of android emulators with that account (that spoof themself as Samsung devices for compatibility) that's suspicious.
Make sure you activate 2FA on the google account as well. Even if someone was able to get your password, they'll still need confirmation (either from an SMS code or another trusted device connected to the google account) just to log in.

Yeah, I have enabled it with google authenticator.

h7X1DEr.jpg

See this Samsung device here? It's not ours. It's hacker's phone and I really don't understand why Google doesn't allow me to remove it. If I click on that, I get option only to change my google password and that's it.

I know, I signed out that device already, but I would like to remove it from Google account at all. And today when I wasn doing hard reset of phone, it asked me something I can't remember, but there were options to use old phones as well or use only old phone or this current one and etc... And probably this hacker's phone there in our google account is considered old phone too...

21 hours ago, Parideboy said:

I tried, but that Samsung phone is still there in devices.