Anyone else in here will miss BlackBerry, and physical keyboards?

I just dropped my BlackBerry Key2 one time too many. It's dead. I wish I could replace it with a capable 2020 flagship with a physical keyboard, but I can't, because there's none. So, I'll go for the Poco F2 Pro, since it's the best well-rounded phone for the price.

But I hate it. I hate typing on glass. I'm somewhat of a grammar Nazi, and I hate relying so much on autocorrect. This might not be as big an issue for most of you, because most of you speak English as your first language. I'm French. So many accents for the same letters (ê, é, è, ë), and so many homophones (manger, mangé, mangées, mangés, mangez, mangeais, mangeaient...)!

I used my Key2 without any software help to type, and using key combinations (shif+letter) to automatically apply the many accents my language features. 

I'm going to miss my Key2 and the BlackBerry brand like you can't imagine. 

2 minutes ago, 7412 said:

I just dropped my BlackBerry Key2 one time too many. It's dead. I wish I could replace it with a capable 2020 flagship with a physical keyboard, but I can't, because there's none. So, I'll go for the Poco F2 Pro, since it's the best well-rounded phone for the price.

But I hate it. I hate typing on glass. I'm somewhat of a grammar Nazi, and I hate relying so much on autocorrect. This might not be as big an issue for most of you, because most of you speak English as your first language. I'm French. So many accents for the same letters (ê, é, è, ë), and so many homophones (manger, mangé, mangées, mangés, mangez, mangeais, mangeaient...)!

I used my Key2 without any software help to type, and using key combinations (shif+letter) to automatically apply the many accents my language features. 

I have and love the KeyONE. Fantastic keyboard. Will upgrade to Key2 when the time comes. After that...who knows?

Physical keyboard over everything else 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, 7412 said:

I'm French. So many accents for the same letters (ê, é, è, ë), and so many homophones (manger, mangé, mangées, mangés, mangez, mangeais, mangeaient...)!

I guess I'll mind when the alternative is to hold down the keys for a short while just for the scroll menu to show up...

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Physical keyboard over everything else 

Haven’t used modern keyboard phones from a good brand, but I always hated the old ones where it took physical pressure and you couldn’t even tell if you really clicked it by touch

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I miss the old day that you can replace your phone battery easily. Now you have to be like a phone doctor to replace modern phone battery.

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Will upgrade to Key2 when the time comes.

I'd advise against it honestly. You'll be stuck on Android 8 forever, weak chip, weak camera, and still as expensive now as it was when it launched 2 years ago.

I love my Key2, but even then, it's just not worth buying anymore. And since it looks like we won't have any alternative in the future, might as well move on and learn to deal with the touch-screen supremacy. 

I mainly use my phone as a communications device in addition to my daily music player. So a BB would've been a great option for my needs. I don't have any games on my phone and I imagine most social media apps like Instagram would still work fine on their sometimes odd ball screen ratios. It's a shame I've never had an opportunity to try one out myself. I get my phones from contract and my carrier just never really stocked BBs. I am Canadian so I really owed it to myself to have the experience of using a BB. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, 7412 said:

weak camera

That's not an issue for me really, I'm a professional photographer. I use real cameras.

3 hours ago, 7412 said:

weak chip

Also not a gamer, so uncertain how this will affect things.

3 hours ago, 7412 said:

Android 8

This might be an issue for security, but beyond that, not seeing the issue, enlighten please?

3 hours ago, 7412 said:

as expensive now

That is an issue...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I'll miss them too, seems like there's no choice now because "the market says so". Out of all the devices I've owned (see profile lol) many of my favorites have been smartphones with physical keyboards. The top of which being the MyTouch 4G Slide which I still held on to for many years as a daily driver alongside other devices. A while later I was really stoked to get the PRIV when it came out being the only modern device to try and revive the very practical slider form factor but it was just way too big (height+width wise) for my hands and pockets, an issue that I still fight with today as phones continue to get bigger and bigger. 

"Rawr XD"

Yes and no.

I had a BlackBerry Priv as a side device for a while, and I did get a kick out of typing on it (especially since you still had a 5.5-inch screen with the keyboard in place).  However, I'm of the mind that typing on screens is ultimately the better way to go on phones.  It allows for more flexibility in input, doesn't require compromises in display size or other parts of the design and, in my experience, is generally faster to type on.  You can breeze quickly between keys and use autocorrect to your advantage.