Can i run core2quad q9650 + gtx750ti on a 235W dell basic optiplex 780 SFF PSU?

J3rRy

As i saw in your video building upgrading 69$ gaming pc to a 150$ gaming pc. That was done on a dell optiplex 380 SFF having 255W psu. While i have dell optiplex 780 SFF with only 235 W power supply. Can i run a 60W gtx750Ti on it with core 2 quad q9650 processor and 8Gb ddr3 ram?

Reply will be appreciated. Please help me.

welcome to the forum

it all depends if your gpu is a low profile card and that it can get all of its power from the pcie slot.

yes you can run the cpu and ram

and the LMG staff dont reply to forum posts only members on the forums usually reply

10 minutes ago, J3rRy said:

As i saw in your video building upgrading 69$ gaming pc to a 150$ gaming pc. That was done on a dell optiplex 380 SFF having 255W psu. While i have dell optiplex 780 SFF with only 235 W power supply. Can i run a 60W gtx750Ti on it with core 2 quad q9650 processor and 8Gb ddr3 ram?

Reply will be appreciated. Please help me.

Would go for a less power-draw graphics card that is a low-profile model (since the SFF case) and does not require any additional power connectors which may or may not be available on the likely proprietary PSU. To save some power consumption, get a Core 2 Duo E8600 for saving 30w and an SSD instead of HDD.

I've had a lot of trouble with older GPU drivers on Windows 10 and the BIOS of older OEM systems rejecting GPUs even when it does not have to do with UEFI compatibility issues, so your mileage may vary, update the BIOS to latest revision to eliminate as much potential incompatibility issues as possible.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Gtx750ti indeed has a low profile model and can draw all its power form pcie slot... 60W is its wattage estimated i intend to use it with core2quad q9650... Do 235W has potential because as we know gtx1050ti is a 75W card and linustechtips did slip in this card over 255W psu and made it work.