What is the difference between Nvidia's GTX and RTX cards? Which one is better for CAD and video editing?

dabossboy

What is the difference between Nvidia's GTX and RTX cards? Which one is better for CAD and video editing?

rtx cards are simply the newest and best nvidia cards while gtx cards consists of the old series

Just now, Teddy07 said:

rtx cards are simply the newest and best nvidia cards while gtx cards consist of the old series

Thank you

There are also some GTX cards in the lower half of the current generation.

For CAD Quadros are generally better than either-- even a low end Quadro beats the best of the RTX line in Solidworks. If you do a lot of rendering with Octane or some such program, though, you'll be able to leverage the raw power of a gaming card better.

1 hour ago, Hugo Lloris said:

RTX cards are Nvidia's newer generation of graphics cards with ray-tracing in real-time capabilities in comparison to the previous generation of GTX cards.  For CAD and video editing, I would recommend a Quadro graphics card which perform significantly better than the consumer-grade cards especially when working with larger projects.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

How is the RTX 2070 for Solidworks and Autocad and Davinci Resolve?

I say it is a capable card, if you don't mind about ECC memory that Quadro graphic card has.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.