F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

54 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems still the same with v1.0.2. I've had the Web control open for the last few hours it's completed a few WU's in that time and nothing has changed.

I posted in the Folding Community Board to try to see if anyone else has the same problem. You don't have to spend your time trying to get this to work just for me, but if you want to try and find the problem anyway I'll help in anyway I can.

screenshot-2020.05.29-13_39_02.jpg

I will keep looking in to it, looks like your samples for that WU are new over the past couple hours so it might have been the server caching... don't like bugs hanging out there... so if it does change let me know.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

6 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I will keep looking in to it, looks like your samples for that WU are new over the past couple hours so it might have been the server caching... don't like bugs hanging out there... so if it does change let me know.

I'll keep things going and let you know of any changes. If you need me to do anything to help with your debuging just let me know.

The latest version 1.0.2 of the extension and matching server are now online to fix a few things and add some additional functionality based on request. 

The gap between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 was only about 8 hours so don't be shocked if you did not see the middle step on the overnight.

Thanks to everyone that submitted info to help identify and squash some of these!

I hope this gets us in to "stable ish" territory cause this coding at work all day, then debugging this all night is wearing me out :)

Version 1.0.2 – Beta Updates & Patches

---------------------------------------------

Fix – Reduction of URLs required in permissions that apply styles

Fix – Make GPU stats recall and profile URL more distinct for GPUs that register with the same common name in the F@H GPU list @marknd59 @Scarfy

Version 1.0.1 – Beta Updates & Patches

---------------------------------------------

Fix - support for incognito windows @chaozbandit

Fix - support/testing for latest build of Linux Mint 19.3 @chaozbandit

Fix - client will now load first in client.foldingathome.org wrapper so they can still provide / users see client update notices before the extension loads the custom interface in the iframe.

Fix - extension only breaks out into its own window when extension modes are used.

Add - links to LTT Folding forum @GOTSpectrum

Add - user stats link to folding.extremeoverclocking.com in points area

Add - LTT forum badge level icons to PPD level indicator (Team LTT Only) @GOTSpectrum

Add - Direct link to LTT badge request forum thread (Team LTT Only) @Spotty @TVwazhere

Add - muted share icons to better fit in with dark theme brightness @GOTSpectrum

Add - client information details in panel footer

Add - extension modes and no sleep toggle link to panel footer

image.thumb.png.42908d0182dab2eae0ad1f4c55d56180.png

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, chaozbandit said:

Not sure if this is an issue on my end but the extension doesn't work for Chrome on Linux Mint 19.3. Fresh install, permissions enabled. FAHClient v7.5.1. Default skins in incognito mode as well on both Linux and WIndows 10.

Chrome v.  83.0.4103.61

You may have better luck on mint trying the latest version of the extension as I loaded mint up in a VM and was able to confirm there was an issue with how the extension identified the URLs it should run on when operating under linux and I have attempted to patch in a global fix.

That said, since I was testing on a VM there was no GPU, just a CPU so I have only tested that extension should load etc. and GPU tracking etc. is still officially untested (but hopefully works) until I can get mint running on real metal with a GPU.

That said... wow mint has come a long way, very nice OS from what I was playing with.

@LAR_Systems Does the LTT F@H Forum link only show in the LTT skin? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, marknd59 said:

Your trying to get to show for everyone so you can poach new team members arn't you.

I would never do such a thing, I just wanna offer them an active thread where they can get tech support from to see how amazing team LTT is... That's all

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@LAR_Systems Does the LTT F@H Forum link only show in the LTT skin? 

No, it's global to the default skin too ;)

23 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

You may have better luck on mint trying the latest version of the extension as I loaded mint up in a VM and was able to confirm there was an issue with how the extension identified the URLs it should run on when operating under linux and I have attempted to patch in a global fix.

That said, since I was testing on a VM there was no GPU, just a CPU so I have only tested that extension should load etc. and GPU tracking etc. is still officially untested (but hopefully works) until I can get mint running on real metal with a GPU.

That said... wow mint has come a long way, very nice OS from what I was playing with.

Looking good so far, many thanks! CPU and GPU both reported properly.

Edit: Does nofade work with the default url or is it only coded for the extension url?

Edit2: nvm found the No Sleep mode further down the page lol

image.png.c08e7bc1e63843c1ba9f27481dac99c7.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@LAR_Systems I got bored and made these Icons, if you want to use them you are free to do so freely just DM me and I can send the PNG files your way. If you want any adjustments doing please let me know!

I based them from the colours on the skin but can make them whatever colour you desire. 

Twitterdark.png.b5c225d3a8dc068c30dc0e9dcd73fc45.pngFBdark.png.c66b464b5915c7dac2ffc2583600f040.png883324705_maildark.png.76d0fae15a3a8976e400333ce36dc449.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Going to install this to one of my GPU rigs, just to contribute towards the database. Good job on the skin, I like it!

Current Build

9 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Having the same issue as well.

GPU2.thumb.PNG.ec5b8a18bbb06654cfa34ec9aa3f50e3.PNG

I have been having this issue with mt 1080 too, where it doesn't show the performance delta. Been happening since I updated chrome (and I guess since the extension updated). Although we need to keep in mind causation vs correlation.

image.png.83b21b5e6f545aa63bdc58cf452ad83a.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

42 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have been having this issue with mt 1080 too, where it doesn't show the performance delta. Been happening since I updated chrome (and I guess since the extension updated). Although we need to keep in mind causation vs correlation.

image.png.83b21b5e6f545aa63bdc58cf452ad83a.png

Think I just figured it out... it's an issue with the server side code and GPUs that have the trailing "variant" number after the model name in the [] brackets.

I have patched the API, I'm hoping in the next hour that fix will trickle down through server & browser cache to you guys.

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

Think I just figured it out... it's an issue with the server side code and GPUs that have the trailing "variant" number after the model name in the [] brackets.

I have patched the API, I'm hoping in the next hour that fix will trickle down through server & browser cache to you guys.

Thank you for rapidly dealing with these teething problems!

You da man!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Thank you for rapidly dealing with these teething problems!

You da man!

Not a problem, and thanks... though gonna have to call it a night... hope to find this propagated properly when I wake up! 

2 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Not a problem, and thanks... though gonna have to call it a night... hope to find this propagated properly when I wake up! 

It seems to be working for me now!

Have a good rest!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'll leave it running in no-sleep mode on Microsoft Edge. So far so good 🤞

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

It's working for me too thanks for your hard work.

My RTX 2070 seems to be averaging between 1.3 - 1.8M PPD. This is started to be seen on the database. Project 14201, which is covid-19.

Current Build

I'm glad to hear that the in client widget is reporting correctly now for those that it was not.

The great news is that it was just the client API to return the PPD comparison for the WU, so no submitted GPU/WU data was missed or lost, so the results you are getting now are based off a good depth of samples to average.

I will sleep better tonight knowing that it looks the build is a solid release candidate now and thank all of you for trying it and the bug reports as they are soo helpful when I only have access to certain test machine configurations myself.

Think I will see if the weekend kicks up any further bug reports before pushing another release to Google Play... but I think the next release I will switch it from a hidden (private url) app to a public listing one so @GOTSpectrum can go ham recruiting with it.

Thanks again everyone!

11 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

-snip-

Sounds great! 

Hope to see some nicer share buttons on there too! I think that is the last of the design elements that will make it feel like a polished product ready for prime time. 

That has been one of my gripes with the folding client, both the web client and the advanced client just look dated. And now, you swoop in and stick a sexy new layer of pain on the thing!

Bravo!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

of pain

That's a way to see it... probably the developer's one 🤣

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

well i will be testing a P5000 Here shortly assuming it didn't get fried...if it did i will be disappointed.  but the good news is bender is being moved downstairs so he will not heat my office so much lol....and flexo gets promoted to my office.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

1 minute ago, cbigfoot said:

well i will be testing a P5000 Here shortly assuming it didn't get fried...if it did i will be disappointed

That's awesome... a big part of of the DB side of this is I'm very interested in how HE desktop and server cards fold!