can you use any HP adapter on any HP laptop?

hello,

see title for question. bought a nice HP pavillion x360 14-dh0807nd laptop from a buddy of mine, but he the adapter barely works anymore so i'm gonna need a new one. the sticker on the power adapter is missing so i cant search for model numbers or anything like that. the laptop does have one of those HP smart pin configurations for power. if i just google a specific power adapter i dont really get anywhere but i see a lot of different HP power adapters, most of them with the same smart pin thing. is voltage the only thing i need to look at or are there other factors at play when choosing a power adapter?

regards,

jimboza1

You need to look at Voltage, Power and the connector typ in most cases 

Before make sure that the voltages match and obvuously check that its the same type of connector

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

Doing some investigating on that computer just by searching the model number, it uses a 45w adapter, but I haven't been able to find anything else on it.

Have you looked into reaching out to HP? They might be able to give you more information. I tried digging through their parts store on-line, but I can't pull anything up.

Got 840/850/omen in my house, and besides the omen only charging when in standby on the 'travel' chargers from the 8xx series, they all work with each others