Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

QX9770 SCAM(?) - PLS HELP ME

So yesterday I picked up a mobo-cpu-ram combo. 

 

The cpu was supposed to be a QX9770. I picked the stuff up from the sellers home, had his phone number, had a half hour chat with him, he told me he had it running and checked... So I felt safe and made a mistake not to unscrew the cooler right there... 

 

Back home I removed the cooler only to find a E8200. I instantly messaged the seller, including a picture, and he apologized and offered a refund. 

Now today, when I asked him when I could bring the stuff back to him he started accusing me of having swapped the cpu, leaving me no choice but to get the police involved. 

 

Now to my question: what I got is a EVGA nForce 680i mobo, the aforementioned E8200 and 2gb of ddr2 ram. The seller specifically told me he had booted into bios and checked GHz frequenz (whatever that was good for) - - - is there a way to tell WHEN a system was turned on the last time, and what specs it had running in BIOS? I never powered the board, last one to do so was him. 

Without a method to verify that there was no QX9770 in the first place, it's Word against word and I am pretty much fucked. 

 

Please let someone knowledgeable read this

Hoping for your help, any will be greatly appreciated 

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

given he offered a refund that should be the end of it.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review      Buy my old RX 580

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

given he offered a refund that should be the end of it.

Yesterday he did, however today the accusations started. Or do you mean from a law perspective? 

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LauriHimself said:

Yesterday he did, however today the accusations started. Or do you mean from a law perspective? 

I don't know the laws of any country so your going to have to check for yourself. but offering a refund last time I checked meant you were going to accept the product back.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review      Buy my old RX 580

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you use eBay. Which site did you use. There is no way to check when the system last booted up from BIOS, Windows might log it though

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are more than likely out of luck, no witnesses and one vs another one's word... As you payed cash even paypal buyer protection won't help you

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

 

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

 

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LauriHimself said:

So yesterday I picked up a mobo-cpu-ram combo. 

 

The cpu was supposed to be a QX9770. I picked the stuff up from the sellers home, had his phone number, had a half hour chat with him, he told me he had it running and checked... So I felt safe and made a mistake not to unscrew the cooler right there... 

 

Back home I removed the cooler only to find a E8200. I instantly messaged the seller, including a picture, and he apologized and offered a refund. 

Now today, when I asked him when I could bring the stuff back to him he started accusing me of having swapped the cpu, leaving me no choice but to get the police involved. 

 

Now to my question: what I got is a EVGA nForce 680i mobo, the aforementioned E8200 and 2gb of ddr2 ram. The seller specifically told me he had booted into bios and checked GHz frequenz (whatever that was good for) - - - is there a way to tell WHEN a system was turned on the last time, and what specs it had running in BIOS? I never powered the board, last one to do so was him. 

Without a method to verify that there was no QX9770 in the first place, it's Word against word and I am pretty much fucked. 

 

Please let someone knowledgeable read this

Hoping for your help, any will be greatly appreciated 

How did you pay for this stuff?  

The next  time you meet someone in real life to buy something, have them test it in a public space, like a police station, or at least, a place with a lot of people, like starbucks, and buy it there, and then you will have a tested part.

 

Too many people have been kidnapped / murdered trying to meet someone to buy something and buying in an unsecured area...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×