Corsair AIO difficult to screw in?

So, I’m looking at getting a Corsair AIO because they seem pretty good. However, one complaint I keep seeing is that it is extremely difficult to screw anything into it. Something about needing to force the cooling fins apart? Wouldn’t this possibly cause the radiator to leak? For reference, I’m looking at the H RGB Pro XT series AIO. I just want to know if it’s as big of an issue as it seems. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

So, I’m looking at getting a Corsair AIO because they seem pretty good. However, one complaint I keep seeing is that it is extremely difficult to screw anything into it. Something about needing to force the cooling fins apart? Wouldn’t this possibly cause the radiator to leak? For reference, I’m looking at the H RGB Pro XT series AIO. I just want to know if it’s as big of an issue as it seems. Thanks.

@Stlerfn Hi there, I've installed 15 different Corsair AIOs for the Office PCs and anyone of those doesn't require forcing anything except screwing in!? What's your take on "needing to force the cooling fins apart" coming from? May I get a link where you're looking?

18 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

@Stlerfn Hi there, I've installed 15 different Corsair AIOs for the Office PCs and anyone of those doesn't require forcing anything except screwing in!? What's your take on "needing to force the cooling fins apart" coming from? May I get a link where you're looking?

Hi, here is one post on the official Corsair forums, it is only one of many I have seen. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190300

7 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

Hi, here is one post on the official Corsair forums, it is only one of many I have seen. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190300

@Stlerfn That's the wrong screw size (maybe mistakes from the Corsair side). The one in your post uses something like the upper one but actually it need to be the lower one (attached image). All Corsair AIOs that I've done have 8 screws like the lower ones. 

※ DO NOT SCREW THROUGH THE RADIATOR ※ pls T=T

E5FB0F97-68D0-481E-9274-A6212AC2D80D.jpg

1 minute ago, ZWELINHTET said:

@Stlerfn That's the wrong screw size (maybe mistakes from the Corsair side). The one in your post uses something like the upper one but actually it need to be the lower one (attached image). All Corsair AIOs that I've done have 8 screws like the lower ones. 

So is every post I’ve seen just been because people use the wrong screw? Wow, well you put my worries to rest since you’ve installed 15 and never had any problems, so thanks.

2 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

Also, that post wasn’t the best example, of you go on Amazon, on the product page for the Corsair H150i Pro RGB XT, there are a couple more reviews with the same problem, if you were curious.

I'm wrong (I think).

I got curious and look around for the exact AIO
and seems like there're more cases like you concern.

The ones I know doesn't include "XT" series.

Let someone who had installed the same one answer your question.

Don't take my word as a final answer. I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, ZWELINHTET said:

I'm wrong (I think).

It’s fine, I feel like if it were a serious issue, Corsair would have fixed it. But at least you know what I’m talking about now, thanks for trying though.

12 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

※ DO NOT SCREW THROUGH THE RADIATOR ※ pls T=T

This reminded me of a certain PC Building video on Youtube by a certain tech media.

2 hours ago, Promosss said:

This reminded me of a certain PC Building video on Youtube by a certain tech media.

The Verge's PC. 

Use the provided small screws if you mount radiator to the computer case. Use the provided long screws for fans mount to the radiator and to the computer case. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 10:50 PM, ZWELINHTET said:

I'm wrong (I think).

Hey, it’s been a while and I just installed my Corsair AIO. My fears were not justified, it was extremely easy to screw the fans in.

@Stlerfn I bought H115i Pro XT a week ago. It's easy to install as you said. I thought of your post when installing too. I hope yours goes well. Mine was not as good as I planned. The RGBs are not working at the moment. Might return after tested with another PSU.

• 2 years later...

Not gonna lie, I also bought a ThermalTake Toughliquid Ultra recently the screws are so hard to put in the springs on the screw is as if it was made to be a absorber for a car than a aio screw. I had to hug my entire PC with my legs as I screwed it in. I am now scared that it may damage anything inside I am planning to switch to a screw that doesn't have a spring from my old AIGO AC SE AIO I know the spring is there to help hold the screws in place but I think it is damaging things than solving problems.