Premiere Pro & DaVinci Resolve

I'm not switching... I'm keeping both. Premiere Pro for me and DaVinci for my brother. Just one question... what's the difference?

Along with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K, inside the box includes a free product activation key for DaVinci. I've been a Premiere Pro user for years and I'm curious to know what differences it makes for the editing experience overall.

I know that DaVinci is a little heavy on performance so my specifications are updated on my profile in case you need it.

- The user interface at first glance seems very friendly compared to Premiere.

- Color grading is a breeze on DaVinci.

- Uses a little more GPU, RAM, etc.

- You only have to pay one-time only... I think.

So is DaVinci worth it? Anything else to add to these points would be bliss. Thanks guys!

From my experience 

I tried both of them but only had extensive experience with premiere (by no means I'm good at editing lmao ) I think premiere is a little easier to understand

And it is more suited for quick projects but it lacks color grading compared to resolve and I noticed that audio editing at least from my experience is easier on premiere than resolve 

But as you said resolve is a one time payment and I can see how it can be compelling because for the long run it will be Much cheaper than Adobe premiere

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

20 hours ago, LlamaTheHutt said:

I'm not switching... I'm keeping both. Premiere Pro for me and DaVinci for my brother. Just one question... what's the difference?

Along with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K, inside the box includes a free product activation key for DaVinci. I've been a Premiere Pro user for years and I'm curious to know what differences it makes for the editing experience overall.

I know that DaVinci is a little heavy on performance so my specifications are updated on my profile in case you need it.

- The user interface at first glance seems very friendly compared to Premiere.

- Color grading is a breeze on DaVinci.

- Uses a little more GPU, RAM, etc.

- You only have to pay one-time only... I think.

So is DaVinci worth it? Anything else to add to these points would be bliss. Thanks guys!

Adobe is overpriced? 

Honestly you can get by with the free version of Davinci and on equally specced machines  speed generally goes Final cut >>> Davinci >> Premiere

I'm sure the only reason people use adobe is the other software you get from them. Individually adobe is is far inferior to other options on the market. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

This pointed out the differences and pros/cons pretty well:

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2