Almost all the electronics that I have purchased in the last 5 years are DEAD

james_bond

Almost all the electronics that I have purchased in the last 5 years are dead.

Just want to vent my frustration with my friends here.

Please see attachment.

Other than the items I mentioned here I also purchased a Sennheiser wireless headphone & a Raspberry Pi 2. Both of them are also gone.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

10 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Seriously though, maybe the power/mains to your house are screwy and providing too much or inconsistent power to those devices?

Describes my Dad and Sister with electronics. When my Bluetooth headphones went missing after two years of ownership, Dad marveled at how they were still working after that long. I keep one charging cable for years. They regularly buy new cables every month or so. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Seriously though, maybe the power/mains to your house are screwy and providing too much or inconsistent power to those devices?

The 2.1 speaker's step down transformer went bad. This may support your theory.

The Nvidia card still functions but the DVI & HDMI ports are dead. Only the VGA works.

As you can see this can't be caused by bad power.

The usb sound card has a terrible build quality. It no longer functions.

The WD external drive lasted just 3 months. On the other hand my Samsung SSD which is 4 years old is still rock solid.

The Asus Fonepad has so much tiny internal memory that the routine Android updates filled it up. It hanged and now won't boot.

As you can see its very unlikely that a bad power has caused all these devices to fail.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

-= Locked =-

This is best posted as a Status Update.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER