Linus Tech Tips, Thumbnail and title mistake.

Am i the only one who noticed this? what is it? 100 gigabytes a second or 10 gigabytes xD Little error there.

206812069_ScreenShot2020-05-25at12_43_53PM.png.1e44c7f297adb3ee265733a2d9c56601.png

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

"Confusing thumbnail and title combination. @CPotter you're fired"

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Gbps is Gigabits per second... not Gigabytes... 2 completely different standards. 8 bits = 1 byte. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

100 Gigabits, or 12.5 Gigabytes per second.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Gbps is Gigabits per second... not Gigabytes... 2 completely different standards. 8 bits = 1 byte. 

Either way, the math still doesn't quite add up between the title and the thumbnail. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

*coughs* nerd *coughs* had to clear mythroat, jk im a nerd, there close enough, either way it doesnt make sense lol

8 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

"Confusing thumbnail and title combination. @CPotter you're fired"

yes

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

9 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Little "b" is bit, big "B" is byte.

Thankyou i now know that, although it should be easier in my opinion xD

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

Recently I've noticed that these small errors became more persistent, although ones like these used to rarley happen, now some videos still have

Buy a Gaming CPU: (Link to Intel CPU...)

image.png.62557716a9a2323e078e9f023aa908b1.png

image.thumb.png.d5b5e7817e5816ef0d12c55388346951.png

This is a perfect example, this was uploaded a couple of days ago and it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope this is just because covid 19 and not because of them rekaxing a bit on their professional side

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

18 hours ago, George Vella said:

Recently I've noticed that these small errors became more persistent, although ones like these used to rarley happen, now some videos still have

Buy a Gaming CPU: (Link to Intel CPU...)

image.png.62557716a9a2323e078e9f023aa908b1.png

image.thumb.png.d5b5e7817e5816ef0d12c55388346951.png

This is a perfect example, this was uploaded a couple of days ago and it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope this is just because covid 19 and not because of them rekaxing a bit on their professional side

wait so what is wrong with it?

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

4 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

wait so what is wrong with it?

The video description says:

"Buy a processor specifically for gaming: (link to Intel CPU)

Buy a processor for almost literally anything else: (links to Ryzen 5 3600, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 7 3800X, 3900X, 3950X)"

The "(link to Intel CPU)" and "(links to Ryzen...)" were most likely just placeholders, someone should have replaced them with actual links to where you can buy the CPUs.

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Misleading titles and thumbnails are a staple of LMG. It didn't used to be of course, but things change.

Thats a shame, i dont like those, they annoy me, i prefer it if they don't, If my channel every gets big (doubt it will) I dont ever want to do that! its just terrible, its really annoying, borderline scamming in a way.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

The video description says:

"Buy a processor specifically for gaming: (link to Intel CPU)

Buy a processor for almost literally anything else: (links to Ryzen 5 3600, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 7 3800X, 3900X, 3950X)"

The "(link to Intel CPU)" and "(links to Ryzen...)" were most likely just placeholders, someone should have replaced them with actual links to where you can buy the CPUs.

Yeah, my guess is they have a default one that they copy and paste into multiple videos then edit, i do similar.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

2 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Thats a shame, i dont like those, they annoy me, i prefer it if they don't, If my channel every gets big (doubt it will) I dont ever want to do that! its just terrible, its really annoying, borderline scamming in a way.

I started a topic about it a year or two ago (several people did) and James flat out said manipulation was necessary. A lot of us on the forum have unsubscribed from the channel. I still watch WAN Show and Tech linked because I don't even read the titles, but I don't want to encourage that kind of practice.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Yeah, my guess is they have a default one that they copy and paste into multiple videos then edit, i do similar.

Kind of, they have part of the description that stays the same like links to floatplane and lttstore.com, then they have the parts that pertain to that specific video. In this case since the video was about Intel and the current situation regarding CPU choice, the links were to CPUs. My guess would be whoever initially wrote the description put placeholders since links change often, and whoever uploaded the video was supposed to change it, but never did. 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I started a topic about it a year or two ago (several people did) and James flat out said manipulation was necessary. A lot of us on the forum have unsubscribed from the channel. I still watch WAN Show and Tech linked because I don't even read the titles, but I don't want to encourage that kind of practice.

yeah I'm a little annoyed, i understand sometimes you might make it seem a little better, but a huge difference, thats not okay, it gets annoying when people manipulate, i wish people didn't, i wish YouTube look about manipulation and not some stupid little things that they kill channels for, gets really annoying. I wish that channels did what I did, I make in the title just be what it actually is, for example my exploding chickens video, I just named it Exploding chickens in Minecraft Bedrock, Not Exploding mobs in minecraft! with a thumbnail of mobs exploding, It gets really annoying when i see those fake ones, makes me not want to use YouTube much.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Kind of, they have part of the description that stays the same like links to floatplane and lttstore.com, then they have the parts that pertain to that specific video. In this case since the video was about Intel and the current situation regarding CPU choice, the links were to CPUs. My guess would be whoever initially wrote the description put placeholders since links change often, and whoever uploaded the video was supposed to change it, but never did. 

Could be, but in my opinion they A) advertise so much that it gets annoying "ltt store.com" is just getting annoying, if u do it every now and then thats fine, but every couple of minutes NO! After they do that i don't want to buy it, i was going to but now i'm not going to because they have annoyed me so much by saying it to much B) they just manipulate, they don't even half the time say that the amazon links may make money, which gets really annoying, They may have used those links so u click them, then make money.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

11 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Could be, but in my opinion they A) advertise so much that it gets annoying "ltt store.com" is just getting annoying, if u do it every now and then thats fine, but every couple of minutes NO! After they do that i don't want to buy it, i was going to but now i'm not going to because they have annoyed me so much by saying it to much B) they just manipulate, they don't even half the time say that the amazon links may make money, which gets really annoying, They may have used those links so u click them, then make money.

Yeah I get what you're saying, I am the same way, the more an item is advertised and pushed in my face, the more I'm going to get annoyed by it and the less likely I will be to buy the product. As petty as it might sound, that's the biggest reason I am not getting YouTube premium, I was considered it but every chance it gets, YouTube asks me if I want to start a free trial for it. About the amazon links, I don't know if other people don't know about them, but I just assume whenever a link is posted to amazon on a video or website, LTT or others, they will get some compensation. I don't see a problem with it, the consumer isn't paying more for anything, so why shouldn't the makers of the video or website get compensation for advertising for amazon? I am not sure if they are required to or not but most if not all of the times I see an amazon link, somewhere on the page is a disclaimer that the creators will get compensation if you click on the link and buy something. LTT does it in their video descriptions, it says, "Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group."

1 hour ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

I agree that their LTT Store plug can be a little bit too much sometimes, but as for the affiliate links, they always state a disclaimer that says "Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group." , so fair play there. Unfortunately with the way YouTube is right now, clickbait titles and thumbnails are necessary to survive and get views, not that I support it, it's just how it is.

2 hours ago, Promosss said:

I agree that their LTT Store plug can be a little bit too much sometimes, but as for the affiliate links, they always state a disclaimer that says "Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group." , so fair play there. Unfortunately with the way YouTube is right now, clickbait titles and thumbnails are necessary to survive and get views, not that I support it, it's just how it is.

i mean make good videos and u dont need clickbait but it gets harder as more make it, Sadly, maybe one day there will be no more or very little clickbait.

2 hours ago, The_russian said:

Yeah I get what you're saying, I am the same way, the more an item is advertised and pushed in my face, the more I'm going to get annoyed by it and the less likely I will be to buy the product. As petty as it might sound, that's the biggest reason I am not getting YouTube premium, I was considered it but every chance it gets, YouTube asks me if I want to start a free trial for it. About the amazon links, I don't know if other people don't know about them, but I just assume whenever a link is posted to amazon on a video or website, LTT or others, they will get some compensation. I don't see a problem with it, the consumer isn't paying more for anything, so why shouldn't the makers of the video or website get compensation for advertising for amazon? I am not sure if they are required to or not but most if not all of the times I see an amazon link, somewhere on the page is a disclaimer that the creators will get compensation if you click on the link and buy something. LTT does it in their video descriptions, it says, "Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group."

Yeah i understand that but sometimes i havent seen it (probs missed it accidentally) but all i ask is that u say to people that if u use this link i might make money, it aint much, but it makes people more comfortable.

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

1 hour ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

i mean make good videos and u dont need clickbait but it gets harder as more make it, Sadly, maybe one day there will be no more or very little clickbait.

Yeah i understand that but sometimes i havent seen it (probs missed it accidentally) but all i ask is that u say to people that if u use this link i might make money, it aint much, but it makes people more comfortable.

Yeah as Tech Youtube videos are more and more saturated nowadays, You need an "attractive" title and thumbnail so that viewers will watch your videos, Linus is no exception even though he already has 11 million subscribers.

9 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It seems like they're in a feedback loop; manipulate, their numbers increase, then when their numbers go down they feel the need to manipulate things more and so on and so forth. 

@AshRiver you gave a "laugh" reaction to most of the posts in here, most of which contain no humor at all. I have to know, where you on laughing gas or something? It just seems odd.