Its getting hot in here (I mean my case)

Donut417

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($210.85 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler  ($42.29 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($118.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card 
Case: Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV SHIFT Mini ITX Tower Case 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS SGX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor 
Monitor: LG 25UM58-P 25.0" 2560x1080 60 Hz Monitor  ($158.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $616.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-24 23:33 EDT-0400

Thats my current rig. I used to run Linux on it but my friend begged me to get back in to gaming. So I installed Windows 10 on it today and Im in the process of installing half my steam account. I should also mention I installed a 1TB SSHD I had on hand as a steam drive. Anyway I noticed my temps with very little going on are 60 C. Im not sure that's normal. The GPU was at like 45C which looks about right to me. I have installed 2 fans in the basement of that case as intakes. The case fan in the mother board area is an exhaust. Im trying to find a solution. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

60c idle?

Thats what it looks like. The glass side panel is also really hot. 

It's wouldn't surprise me with that case on air. The case is design for water cooling with the rads in the bottom

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

Almost forgot .They make mesh side panels for it now

I like the glass look. 

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

It's wouldn't surprise me with that case on air. The case is design for water cooling with the rads in the bottom

Any AIO Liquid coolers that you can recommend for that case. 

Anything thats 120. Or 120x27mm for more space or and adding a second aio for GPU or simply expanding on the cpu loop.

I would recommend that you check out some yt builds to have a visual and decide what why you want to go.

Oh yea if I remember correctly rad with fan together needs not to exceed 27mm

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

GPU

Dont think the GPU is going to be an issue. It was at like 40-45C, also its a blower style card, which was specifically recommend for this case. Im just concerned of burning up my CPU. 

I do have an alternative solution. I have a older gaming rig Im using as a Plex server. I could turn my current gaming rig in to the Plex server, with like a 3200G, I need 2 transcodes, Id imaging that the 3200G would have enough CPU horsepower for 3 streams of 1080 or lower 2 of which are transcodes. Then I could take the GPU, SSD, and CPU and build in my old Fractal Design R4 case. 

That's up to you. Before you get to hasty your cpu will be ok for time being. At worst it throttles it's self.

I would still recommend you look at some other builds in case.

Just a couple thought

Did you do a bios update?

It should help power delivery. In return help with thermals. You can also look at undervolting the cpu. It shouldn't hurt any preformance.

Have you a stress test yet? To see what your peak thermals are.

What would I do?

I would water cool on the cheap. Grab a 120 aio, a extra 120 rad, some soft tubing,  2 thin static pressure fan. Expand the aio so it becomes a dual 120mm aio.  It still would look great and give that personal hands on touch

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

That's up to you. Before you get to hasty your cpu will be ok for time being. At worst it throttles it's self.

I would still recommend you look at some other builds in case.

Just a couple thought

Did you do a bios update?

It should help power delivery. In return help with thermals. You can also look at undervolting the cpu. It shouldn't hurt any preformance.

Have you a stress test yet? To see what your peak thermals are.

What would I do?

I would water cool on the cheap. Grab a 120 aio, a extra 120 rad, some soft tubing,  2 thin static pressure fan. Expand the aio so it becomes a dual 120mm aio.  It still would look great and give that personal hands on touch

Custom Liquid cooling is out. Not comfortable with that period. 

No I have not really stress tested it. Im more concerned with summer hitting. Its not uncommon for my bedroom to be 90F +. I have not updated the BIOS, because I never needed to, but Ill look in to a BIOS update tomorrow. 

No custom water cooling no problem

Bios update is a good place to start.

With your room getting that even a single 120 aio maybe a good option as it can remove the heat from the case 

9 hours ago, narrdarr said:

With your room getting that even a single 120 aio maybe a good option as it can remove the heat from the case 

Got the latest BIOS Asrock recommends for my CPU. With AIDIA 64 running a stability test Im seeing low 80s to over 100c on the CPU. I even adjusted the fan curves in the BIOS for performance just to make sure. 

11 hours ago, narrdarr said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F2rmP6/corsair-h60-2018-572-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060036-ww

Thoughts?

I think I might pick up an SSD upgrade as well.