Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stuttering in games for no visible cause

So i got this dell G3 after watching a video from Linus on it, the specs are

I5 8300H 3.9 GHz

8GB DDR4 2666MHZ ram

GTX 1050 4 GB

1 TB hard drive 

So the issue is when i play i play games like GTA V my FPS drops so bad sometimes the game is unplayable and i kicks me out of lobbies and sometimes the game crashes as well(it doesn't happens in fortnite tho)

I've tried every single solution i could find on YouTube but nothing has worked, I've tried it on all resolutions from low 800x600p to very high\ultra on 1920x1080 and V Sync on and off but nothing has fixed the issues i did reinstall the game a few times i did reinstall windows ad well and i just re-verified the game files today again but no luck so far 

there is no resources that are used like 99% while gaming or nothing thermal throttles i did do Intel XTU stress tests as well and the max was about 81 degrees after reapplying thermal paste

here is a video link with all temps and usages on the side and i was just 10 minutes into the game if i play for about 30 mins the stuttering is even worse- 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jass609 said:

So i got this dell G3 after watching a video from Linus on it, the specs are

I5 8300H 3.9 GHz

8GB DDR4 2666MHZ ram

GTX 1050 4 GB

1 TB hard drive 

So the issue is when i play i play games like GTA V my FPS drops so bad sometimes the game is unplayable and i kicks me out of lobbies and sometimes the game crashes as well(it doesn't happens in fortnite tho)

I've tried every single solution i could find on YouTube but nothing has worked, I've tried it on all resolutions from low 800x600p to very high\ultra on 1920x1080 and V Sync on and off but nothing has fixed the issues i did reinstall the game a few times i did reinstall windows ad well and i just re-verified the game files today again but no luck so far 

there is no resources that are used like 99% while gaming or nothing thermal throttles i did do Intel XTU stress tests as well and the max was about 81 degrees after reapplying thermal paste

here is a video link with all temps and usages on the side and i was just 10 minutes into the game if i play for about 30 mins the stuttering is even worse- 

 

First of all welcome to forums

Second of all please check other sub forums so you know where to post 

Now check your temps and use ddu 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you overclock your GPU by any chance? Or is it overclocked by the factory? Try to run it at stock settings. GTA is known to be a bit weird when it comes to GPU overclocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 5:57 AM, XHD600X said:

Did you overclock your GPU by any chance? Or is it overclocked by the factory? Try to run it at stock settings. GTA is known to be a bit weird when it comes to GPU overclocks.

I was just running a -100 mv undervolt on the cpu because it was overheating besides that nothing else has been changed

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jass609 said:

I was just running a -100 mv undervolt on the cpu because it was overheating besides that nothing else has been changed

Use ddu 

Check temps 

Dust off your laptop

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jass609 said:

I was just running a -100 mv undervolt on the cpu because it was overheating besides that nothing else has been changed

Remove the undervolt, can cause instability. Or undervolt it less

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

Or undervolt it less

What ?! No that would cause it to be even more unstable 🤣

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TofuHaroto said:

What ?! No that would cause it to be even more unstable 🤣

undervolting is removing voltage from your cpu/gpu. It's great for lowering temps but can cause instabilities if you undervolt too much. Kinda the same as overclocking (You add voltage to make it more stable, sacrificing temps.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XHD600X said:

undervolting is removing voltage from your cpu/gpu. It's great for lowering temps but can cause instabilities if you undervolt too much. Kinda the same as overclocking (You add voltage to make it more stable, sacrificing temps.)

First of all 

I know what undervolting is 

But I'm not sure if you know what it is 

It's not like ocing 

Undervolting more would cause more instability as the silicone has to work more to be conductive at lower voltage

And if it is not binned or decent quality 

Well then good luck 

Overclocking or over volting on the other hand is COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE 

The silicon will have to do less work to be conductive do if the silicon is shit it will be better if you over volt 

What will be more work is in the PSU and the mobo 

 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TofuHaroto said:

First of all 

I know what undervolting is 

But I'm not sure if you know what it is 

It's not like ocing 

Undervolting more would cause more instability as the silicone has to work more to be conductive at lower voltage

And if it is not binned it decent quality 

Well then good luck 

Overclocking it over volting on the other hand is COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE 

The silicon will have to do less work to be conductive do if the silicon is shit it will be better if you over volt 

What will be more work is in the PSU and the mobo 

 

I know. But if he is undervolting, he is running it below the stock voltage of the manufacturer. It's not for nothing a manufacturer uses a certain voltage, otherwise they would be able to run all of their chips on lower voltages. In this case this user should return everything to their stock settings (so the voltage it runs on out of the box with no overclocks/underclocks anything) to see if it fixes his problem.

 

I recently had someone come to me with their pc with some issues and they were undervolting it too. Removed the undervolt and it was stable as it should have been.

 

Try undervolting your own cpu, at some point it will become unstable because it's not getting enough voltage to work properly. With some chips it'll be with -0.1 volt with others maybe more or less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

What ?! No that would cause it to be even more unstable 🤣

WTF no. undervolting can easily make a system unstable. will it run hotter/lower clocked without it yeah but that is fine.

Remove it and test again.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

WTF no. undervolting can easily make a system unstable. will it run hotter/lower clocked without it yeah but that is fine.

Remove it and test again.

Yea that is what I'm saying lol

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea that is what I'm saying lol

your wording doesn't make that clear.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

your wording doesn't make that clear.

My bad 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×