I've just cloned my SSD and OS

So here's my issue...

I've basically just cloned my old SSD to my new one which has much more free space. 

The old one is the Kingston and the new being the Samsung. I've just booted it up the correct way, and it has given me these separate partitions, including the name of the old drive. I was wondering if there may be a way to combine it all under one?

Storage.jpg

If it is NTFS than you can delete one partition and expend the other one into the than empty space.
But you have to move the data off that partition first ofcource because that will wipe it.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

If nothing is on the M: drive, delete it.  Then you can delete the recovery drive as well.

You need to delete the last two partitions (527MB Recovery, and 819GB M: drive).  Then expand the c:\ volume to fill the rest of the space.

Technically you only need 3 partitions for a EFI disk to be bootable in Windows.

A 260MB EFI Partition.

A 16MB MSR partition

And the rest can be your primary NTFS partition for Windows.

Personally, I'd just DISM capture the c:\ drive to a WIM file.  Then I'd nuke the whole disk, and manually repartition, and then restore the WIM file so the partition was all fresh and perfect.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

3 hours ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

If nothing is on the M: drive, delete it.  Then you can delete the recovery drive as well.

You need to delete the last two partitions (527MB Recovery, and 819GB M: drive).  Then expand the c:\ volume to fill the rest of the space.

Technically you only need 3 partitions for a EFI disk to be bootable in Windows.

A 260MB EFI Partition.

A 16MB MSR partition

And the rest can be your primary NTFS partition for Windows.

Personally, I'd just DISM capture the c:\ drive to a WIM file.  Then I'd nuke the whole disk, and manually repartition, and then restore the WIM file so the partition was all fresh and perfect.

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

I understand what you're saying till about mid way through...

Is there anything you can point me to help me digest the information. I'm sure what you're saying is totally valid, I've just not got to knowledge to comprehend it yet.

You already have the programs you need, in-fact you used Disk Management to take the screen shot.

Use it to delete the two partitions on the right, then expand the c:\ partition. 

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

1 hour ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

You already have the programs you need, in-fact you used Disk Management to take the screen shot.

Use it to delete the two partitions on the right, then expand the c:\ partition. 

disk 2.jpg

disk.jpg

Just now, Shields said:

disk 2.jpg

disk.jpg

It won't let me delete the 527 or expand the 110, I'm lost