how fast should i expect wifi 6 speed?

dfsgsfa

currently 1gb internet plan. 

router is dlink 859, ac1750 looking forward to asus ax3000

ref my samsung s7 sn820 gets 250mbps ups and downs with 5g network

its very confusing that other users of ax3000 only gets 100mbps... may be in india or so

It's going to depend on your plan/location/router etc. I'm in Canada, on my latoptop about 10 feet from my router, and I just got 450down/32up.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Without a WiFi 6 capable device you won't see any increase in speed or anything else moving to the Asus AX3000. Even then you need multiple AX capable devices to take advantage of the new features. AX, unlike AC, operates on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, similar to how N behaves. Congestion, proximity to other access points, etc. all play a role and just because you have an AX capable router doesn't mean you'll magically get blistering fast speeds if your internet is limited.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

10 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

currently 1gb internet plan. 

router is dlink 859, ac1750 looking forward to asus ax3000

ref my samsung s7 sn820 gets 250mbps ups and downs with 5g network

its very confusing that other users of ax3000 only gets 100mbps... may be in india or so

Your wireless clients also need to have wireless-AX compatible adapters in them to take advantage of this wireless router’s features.

Keep in mind that you also need to be broadcasting at 160MHz width on a free 5GHz channel, with minimal EMI and direct line-of-sight to get even close to the maximum for that band.

1 minute ago, Statik said:

router, and I just got 450down/32up

tell me more, internet plan speed\ device , router etc

5 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Keep in mind that you also need to be broadcasting at 160MHz width on a free 5GHz channel, with minimal EMI and direct line-of-sight to

any newer device should have ax wifi down the road, so im thinking of upgrading router first even i have no capable devices.

but i have no idea what numbers i should get

4 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

tell me more, internet plan speed\ device , router etc

I honestly couldn't tell you.

Whatever router rogers gives you, it's a big white brick. And my roomate set up the internet so I'm not entirely sure the plan. I believe it's whatever their fastest plan before Fiberop/Ignite internet or whatever it's called. I'd look on their website to try to figure it out, but their website is absolutely fucking garbage and doesn't list plans/prices. It's horrific.

I think we're paying for like 1gb down/100mb up or something to that effect.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 hour ago, Statik said:

honestly couldn't tell you.

Whatever router rogers gives you, it's a big white brick. And my roomate set up the internet so I'm not entirely sure the plan. I believe it's whatever their fastest plan before Fiberop/Ignite internet or whatever it's called. I'd look on their website

your speed gives no ref info

1 hour ago, dfsgsfa said:

your speed gives no ref info

What do you mean?

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

any newer device should have ax wifi down the road, so im thinking of upgrading router first even i have no capable devices.

but i have no idea what numbers i should get

You may want to wait on that. Not sure about other countries. But here in the US the FCC was looking to add 6 Ghz to the WiFi spec. Meaning that there could be 6 Ghz added to WiFi 6 routers at some point, but be mind full that they cant add that in with an update, they have to have a 6 Ghz radio installed on the router. Its not clear what kind of performance you may see on 6Ghz but Id wait for the full WiFi 6 expirence. On top of the fact it will be years before we see wide spread penitation of WiFi 6 radios in devices. Yeah, phones will probably get them first, keep in mind there are still devices that are being sold with Single band Wireless N radios in them. So in my opinion id wait, wait till more devices come out with WiFi 6 support. Wait for them to work the bugs out of the standard. Also wait for prices to fall, your going to be paying the early adopter price, when you can wait a year or two and pay a lower price for probably a better product with less bugs. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You may want to wait on that. Not sure about other countries. But here in the US the FCC was looking to add 6 Ghz to the WiFi spec. Meaning that there could be 6 Ghz added to WiFi 6 routers at some point, but be mind full that they cant add that in with an update, they have to have a 6 Ghz radio installed on the router. Its not clear what kind of performance you may see on 6Ghz but Id wait for the full WiFi 6 expirence. On top of the fact it will be years before we see wide spread penitation of WiFi 6 radios in devices. Yeah, phones will probably get them first, keep in mind there are still devices that are being sold with Single band Wireless N radios in them. So in my opinion id wait, wait till more devices come out with WiFi 6 support. Wait for them to work the bugs out of the standard. Also wait for prices to fall, your going to be paying the early adopter price, when you can wait a year or two and pay a lower price for probably a better product with less bugs. 

You forgot to mention that WiFi 6 is still effectively in Beta, as its not a finalised specification.  It mostly works, but not all vendors have implemented every feature.  So its great if you need its performance right now, but a terrible idea to buy for future proofing.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7