Crackling sound on my SeaSonic powersupply

Broyojo

I have been recently hearing this sort of static, crackling sound coming from my psu (at least I think it is my psu). I have had a SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 850 W 80+ psu for around a year now it just started making those noises. For reference, I run a 9900k, 32gb of ram, 2080ti, 2 nvme m.2 drives, a 360mm aio, and 4 nfa-12x25 fans. This video shows it during idle conditions, it flares up especially during heavy workloads like gaming. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and why it has started happening after almost a year of this not happening? 

3 minutes ago, Broyojo said:

I have been recently hearing this sort of static, crackling sound coming from my psu (at least I think it is my psu). I have had a SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 850 W 80+ psu for around a year now it just started making those noises. For reference, I run a 9900k, 32gb of ram, 2080ti, 2 nvme m.2 drives, a 360mm aio, and 4 nfa-12x25 fans. This video shows it during idle conditions, it flares up especially during heavy workloads like gaming. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and why it has started happening after almost a year of this not happening? 

Check the cord, I've had that noise happen to me before too. Turned out the cord wasn't making a stable connection so that noise was actually the electricity barely making contact with the pins. Unplug it make sure everything is clean. If you still hear that noise try putting some pressure on the cord where it connects to the PSU and see if the noise stops. If it does stop I would suggest you replace the power cord.

12 minutes ago, Broyojo said:

Unplug the PSU, give it time to cool down, use compressed air to blow the dust out of the PSU, the plug it back in.

Crackling noise shouldn't happen, but sometimes what sounds like crackling is not arc'ing but something brushing against the fan, like a small piece of plastic or paper.

Either the plug is loose, or that's just coil whine/active PFC. Nothing to worry about, though.

ok unplugging it and pluging it back in seemed to work. If it starts crackling again I'll just buy a new cable.