AMD blows its load as prices reach a climax.

Sifting through the charred and toxic remnants of AMD聽effortlessly聽obliterating Intel in terms of value and performance per dollar, I'm a little shocked what I'm seeing. What in the **** are AMD doing?馃槚

I haven't been keeping a close eye on most of Ryzen's prices in聽CPU SKU's, but I have for one.

The R5 3600. This CPU started around the $200 mark long ago, then slowly made its way down.

The middle of March, you could snag the 3600 for a mere $165聽https://www.pcgamer.com/amds-ryzen-5-3600-is-at-its-lowest-price-ever-right-now/

Amazon, all the while, had the cpu priced at $170-$175.

NOW?

What is the 3600 selling for now? I sure pray to聽baby bit rate聽Jesus they aren't looking at profits and saying, "I think we can raise the bottom line"聽馃が

The MF'r is now $200!! Right back to square one.聽https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3600-12-Thread-Processor/dp/B07STGGQ18

Is this because of the B550's coming out? This isn't a Corona Crisis, that wave聽of unfortunate opportunity to sky rocket has passed, no?聽

spacer.png

** Here on the West Coast USA **

First off not really tech news

Second, there are things like supply and demand, maybe theres somewhere a shortage in supply we as consumers dont see related to the whole corona outbreak. So i wouldn't blame amd for that unless i have solid evidence and not only a price comparison made up.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB聽Crucial MX 300聽|聽1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

it is because of corona.

and it is still 170 dollars on newegg

QUOTE ME聽聽FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC聽to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C聽||聽Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker)聽|| Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings ||聽Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital聽|| Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold聽||聽Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb聽||聽Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb聽|| Asus Rog Theta 7.1聽||聽Asus Rog claymore聽|| Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse聽||Monitor 1聽Asus 1080p 144hz||Monitor 2聽AOC 1080p 75hz||

Test Rig.

Spoiler

|聽Ryzen 5 3400G聽||聽Gigabyte b450 S2H聽|| Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16聽||Stock cooler聽||聽Antec NX100聽|| Silverstone essential 400w聽||聽Transgend SSD 220s 480gb聽||

Just Sold

Spoiler

|聽i3 9100F聽|| Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI聽||聽MSI Z390 A-Pro聽|| Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler聽|| Kolink Horizon RGB聽|| Corsair CV 550w聽||聽Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/聽 OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Also they recently launched 3100 and 3300x which are supposed to be 100$ and 125$ msrp but will be a bit more and 1600af was supposed to be 85$ but got inflated due to demand and they still have to empty shelves of 2600 which is somewhere at 120-140$ on sale (and about same performance as 3300x) so 3600 as its sweetspot performance per dollar gets a markup due to demand .. should be 160-170$ ... it's a bit more.

2 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

First off not really tech news

Second, there are things like supply and demand, maybe theres somewhere a shortage in supply we as consumers dont see related to the whole corona outbreak. So i wouldn't blame amd for that unless i have solid evidence and not only a price comparison made up.

I digress. (did I just say that Jay?聽馃あ) If this is the start of a new trend of AMD's rising prices, it is news. Just my opinion.聽

4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

it is because of corona.

and it is still 170 dollars on newegg

Corona is responsible for one SKU?

Thanks on that Newegg info. If that jumps $30-$45 bones, trend a coming.

10 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

I digress. (did I just say that Jay?聽馃あ) If this is the start of a new trend of AMD's rising prices, it is news. Just my opinion.聽

You're looking at one retailer in one country. This isn't news, this is a status update.

Good news, AMD asw your post and reduced the price again!
image.png.ac76a5f02ca30cab7e9873a07871917b.png

12 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory. If you want to post into Tech News, it must follow guidelines

This currently doesn't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Good news, AMD asw your post and reduced the price again!
image.png.ac76a5f02ca30cab7e9873a07871917b.png

As someone already mentioned, Newegg still has it at $170ish. I highly doubt if Amazon's price increased by $30 that Newegg's wont follow any hour now.聽

1 minute ago, Bender Blues said:

As someone already mentioned, Newegg still has it at $170ish. I highly doubt if Amazon's price increased by $30 that Newegg's wont follow any hour now.聽

Seriously, you're looking for a fire where there is no smoke. The price hasn't been 200 for ages and there has not been any reduction of increase of the price by AMD. This is ENTIRELY the market doing its thing.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post.聽

My System: i7-13700KF聽// Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix聽// MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi聽// 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32聽//聽Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE聽//聽Corsair 5000D Airflow聽// Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7聽//聽Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive聽//聽Displays: LG Ultragear聽32GP83B x2//聽Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

10 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

pst, i think your in the wrong thread

28 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

pst, i think your in the wrong thread

dude's complaining about AMD prices. this is an alternative. I'm in the right thread, you just don't like my comment.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post.聽

My System: i7-13700KF聽// Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix聽// MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi聽// 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32聽//聽Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE聽//聽Corsair 5000D Airflow聽// Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7聽//聽Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive聽//聽Displays: LG Ultragear聽32GP83B x2//聽Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

12 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

dude's complaining about AMD prices. this is an alternative. I'm in the right thread, you just don't like my comment.

ah, sorry. i thought you accidentally posted in the wrong thread because this thread was about amd and you were suddenly talking about intel. i apologise for my mistake.

10 hours ago, Bender Blues said:

Corona is responsible for one SKU?

Thanks on that Newegg info. If that jumps $30-$45 bones, trend a coming.

sry to disappoint you but prices in Germany are still way lower than what I paid 7 months ago

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB聽Crucial MX 300聽|聽1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

AMD: drops 3900X pricing by 20% even though it's already a compelling value

LTTForum: AMD WTF WHY CANT I GET MY 3600 AT $30 UNDER MSRP MONEY GRAB MONEY GRAB MONEY GRAB

I don't think some of you have realized that this is a satire/shitpost, I mean LOOK AT THE TITLE.

That said, I got my 3600 for $127 because the "open box" I was gonna buy had bent pins upon inspection. I didn't ask for the discount, the manager was super cool. No complaints here. Also I think they dropped the prices in wake of the new Intel CPUs so they could put the hurt on them. From a business standpoint, that's a clean hit.

9 hours ago, Taco Annihilator said:

I don't think some of you have realized that this is a satire/shitpost, I mean LOOK AT THE TITLE.

That said, I got my 3600 for $127 because the "open box" I was gonna buy had bent pins upon inspection. I didn't ask for the discount, the manager was super cool. No complaints here. Also I think they dropped the prices in wake of the new Intel CPUs so they could put the hurt on them. From a business standpoint, that's a clean hit.

I think with only 5 posts under your rope belt, you'd be wrong in stating this is a shitpost by myself.聽

What in the hell does your story of buying a used, no box, bent pin cpu have to do with the subject?

THE PRICES HAVEN'T DROPPED. Are you having a hard time reading the original post? Maybe you should do that and brush up on your comprehending.聽

The price has now gone up a whopping $53聽from where it sat at $170 for many many weeks.

First it was Amazon raising it $30 bucks and a $199 total.

Newegg hadn't budged. They were still selling it at $170.

NOW? $223.00

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-5-3600/p/N82E16819113569?Description=ryzen 5 3600&cm_re=ryzen_5_3600-_-19-113-569-_-Product&quicklink=true

Thats right, the price has rocketed since my first post on this.

Thats not a shitpost / satire @Taco Annihilator馃が