Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need help... Dt 770 pro vs Dt 990 pro

Cygi
 Share

Hello,

 

I do a lot of gaming, listening to music and recording videos. I was just about to buy G pro X but then I got recommended the Dts... and man I’m lost. I’ve always wore closed back like the 770 as I prefer not to hear my pc fans and to enjoy silence, taking them off slightly to hear my voice when I was talking. However, seeing all the praise the 990s are getting I’m lost. I have close to no experience with open back headphones and I’m worried that my mic will catch the leaking sound which would mess up my recordings and annoy people in a call. All I really care is directional audio, sound quality and my recordings to remain clear. Are the 770 that worse? Which should I choose? I don’t have an AMP so 80 OHMs is an obvious choice. Thank you for the answers^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't personally speak between those two, but I can say that I love open back headphones.

 

They obviously aren't as "bassy" as closed back, but the sound sounds so much more natural and realistic. And your mic won't pick up any noise. I have a external mic on a boom, and it only caught noise during an old configuration where when I leaned forward the left ear was like 5cm from the mic, basically touching it.

 

Once I sorted that out, I've had zero issues.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Statik said:

I can't personally speak between those two, but I can say that I love open back headphones.

 

They obviously aren't as "bassy" as closed back, but the sound sounds so much more natural and realistic. And your mic won't pick up any noise. I have a external mic on a boom, and it only caught noise during an old configuration where when I leaned forward the left ear was like 5cm from the mic, basically touching it.

 

Once I sorted that out, I've had zero issues.

about that noise picking, my mic pics out loud noises in my closed back headphones :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cygi said:

about that noise picking, my mic pics out loud noises in my closed back headphones :/

Adjust your mic settings.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cygi said:

about that noise picking, my mic pics out loud noises in my closed back headphones :/

eithjer your listening to music too loud or your mic gain is far too high to too close to the side of your face. in regards to the 7709 and 990 pick the one that you think is best for your situation really one is closed one is open both are the best at their price range IMO for gaming. 

Feel free to send me a DM for further or general questions.

Lyrics I vibe with or just funny right now:

"Aw, you look malnourished (Malnourished)
Let’s get some bread, fry the egg yolk and drown it in syrup (Drown it in syrup)"

-Tyler the creator
 

"This is food for thought, better take the whole plate

Don't lie, some of y'all thought food for thought meant taking these hoes on a date"-Injury Reserve

 

"Some of em just need to eat a whole thing of Crest"-MF DOOM


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

eithjer your listening to music too loud or your mic gain is far too high to too close to the side of your face. in regards to the 7709 and 990 pick the one that you think is best for your situation really one is closed one is open both are the best at their price range IMO for gaming. 

Im looking for an adivce not ,,pick the one that you think is best for your situation" but still thanks I guess

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cygi said:

Im looking for an adivce not ,,pick the one that you think is best for your situation" but still thanks I guess

 

alright so if your going with an open back beyerdynamic without an amp I would recc the tygr. the lower impedance 990s arent that great the 80 ohm 770 is alright doesnt sounds as good as the 250 ohm but its pretty good. if you have a sensitive mic specially condensers when you are recording it will defitely pick up whatever is pplaying on the 990 but you can kinda bypass that with noise gates. if you want the lowest effort though and just want everything to work the 770 is definitely the pick its not as good as the 990 or tygr in regards to binaural audio but one of the best closed backs if not the best closed back under $200 in that regard. 

Feel free to send me a DM for further or general questions.

Lyrics I vibe with or just funny right now:

"Aw, you look malnourished (Malnourished)
Let’s get some bread, fry the egg yolk and drown it in syrup (Drown it in syrup)"

-Tyler the creator
 

"This is food for thought, better take the whole plate

Don't lie, some of y'all thought food for thought meant taking these hoes on a date"-Injury Reserve

 

"Some of em just need to eat a whole thing of Crest"-MF DOOM


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rice guru said:

alright so if your going with an open back beyerdynamic without an amp I would recc the tygr. the lower impedance 990s arent that great the 80 ohm 770 is alright doesnt sounds as good as the 250 ohm but its pretty good. if you have a sensitive mic specially condensers when you are recording it will defitely pick up whatever is pplaying on the 990 but you can kinda bypass that with noise gates. if you want the lowest effort though and just want everything to work the 770 is definitely the pick its not as good as the 990 or tygr in regards to binaural audio but one of the best closed backs if not the best closed back under $200 in that regard. 

thanks ^^

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×