how do I make steam recognize my older library

Go to solution Solved by zeusthemoose,

Have you tried pressing the install button on the game? I saw something that said trying to install it again will get steam to recognize that it is already installed and locate the files.

so I reinstalled windows on one of my drives, coicidentally the same one that I had steam client on. so I reinstalled steam and now it shows that I don't have any games installed despite the fact that they are there, in a steamlibrary folder. Is there any way to make steam see those games? I have 500GB worth of games there and I don't want to torture my hard drive by installing all of them again

Steam > settings > downloads > Steam library folders > add the file path to your library

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Steam > settings > downloads > Steam library folders > add the file path to your library

I did that but it doesn't seem to have any effect

4 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

I did that but it doesn't seem to have any effect

Did you save it? You sure it's the right folder?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Have you tried pressing the install button on the game? I saw something that said trying to install it again will get steam to recognize that it is already installed and locate the files.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked