I think I killed my GPU :\

AxDragos

Unfortunately when I was doing the regular pc cleaning, I accidentally touched the back of the GPU (GTX1060) with a screwdriver while the pc was running. A spark came on and now the graphics card seems to be dead, I get 'no signal' message on the display, I switched to onboard gpu to turn on the pc and after I opened open hardware monitor i saw that the pc don't detect the graphics card(even the Nvidia control panel disappeared). The fans are still spinning on the card but it doesn't work. I think I made a short circuit by making contact between a couple of threads, idk what they actually are. Is it completly dead? Can it be fixed somehow? (I know, I'm dumb af :\)

It's dead. Whether it can be fixed depends on what connectors were touched, where the current moved, what got damaged in the process. Best case, a resistor or a capacitor blew, which can be replaced. Worst case (some part of) the GPU die and/or any of the surrounding memory modules is dead. In this case, the repair will cost (a lot) more than a new GPU. You might be able to see the damage, but might not.

Most likely the easier way is to just consider it dead and get yourself a new one.

Protip - never EVER touch components in your PC when it is running.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

F

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

5 minutes ago, AxDragos said:

Unfortunately when I was doing the regular pc cleaning, I accidentally touched the back of the GPU (GTX1060) with a screwdriver while the pc was running. A spark came on and now the graphics card seems to be dead, I get 'no signal' message on the display, I switched to onboard gpu to turn on the pc and after I opened open hardware monitor i saw that the pc don't detect the graphics card(even the Nvidia control panel disappeared). The fans are still spinning on the card but it doesn't work. I think I made a short circuit by making contact between a couple of threads, idk what they actually are. Is it completly dead? Can it be fixed somehow? (I know, I'm dumb af :\)

spark is never a good sign. don't even clean your machine while its running (though i suspect you may have learned your lesson now)

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Sry for your loss but for real now who cleans his pc while its running with a screwdriver ???????????????????????

8 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

spark is never a good sign. don't even clean your machine while its running (though i suspect you may have learned your lesson now)

I cleaned it turned off I turned it on after I finished the cleaning and I leave the case open to see if everything is fine and when i was putting back the side case i accidentally touched the gpu with the screwdriver

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Sry for your loss but for real now who cleans his pc while its running with a screwdriver ???????????????????????

It wasn't running i touched the gpu whit the screwdriver when I was putting back the side panel and then the pc was running

Just now, AxDragos said:

It wasn't running i touched the gpu whit the crewdriver when I was putting back the side panel

Okay that makes more sense :D