The machine doesn't do anything, no beeps, LEDs or spinning fans after memory upgrade.

Celmor

According to the troubleshooting guide I've...

- Checked if power cable is firmly plugged in on both ends

- Checked if the power supply (PSU) switch is in the position denoted with ON or I

- Checked if EVERY power cable is plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.

- Checked if the power button is installed correctly (I'm using the onboard power button)

- Checked with a device of which you know that it works if the power outlet you're using is actually providing power.

As this hasn't solved the problem, I've checked if my PSU isn't dead.

My situation:

I've installed 2 additional memory modules replacing my old memory modules (while I had 2 new modules already installed, extending this to a 4 module configuration of the same module model). After some initial troubles which got resolved after a clear cmos and UEFI configuration I could verify everything shows up in the OS (64G/16 per module) with XMP profile applied. After a subsequent reboot the system never started up again. I undid my upgrade, cleared CMOS. removed all hardware and cables which aren't required (only left 24 pin and 8 pin for CPU power plugged in). Also removed GPUs, sotorage, memory modules (one after another, each time trying to POST and then trying with just 1 module a different slot each time) to try and get any reaction from my system each time when I flip the switch on in the power supply (like psu fan, chipset fan, onboard LEDs).

Confirmed my PSU is working by shorting the green cable with ground and testing all the voltages with a multi meter (fan was also running).

From where I'm standing either CPU or the Motherboard has to be causing the issue (which isn't even half a year old). Only thing left to try is reseating the cpu but I very much doubt that's going to help.

Picture of motherboard in its current state is attached if that helps with diagnosing (I know that it's kinda dirty/covered in dust). 24 pin and 8 pin (not visible) is still plugged in, RAM I'm constantly swapping in/out when attempting to power it on and get any reaction from it.

What I'm trying next is my new RAM in my old board (Z270/6700K) and then removing the board from the case which will take some work because of the AIOs (360 mounted top, 120 back from GPU).

Open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

For my hardware configuration check my profile/my hardware picker link

IMG_20200523_200941.jpg

Last time my system did not do anything it was a dead mobo no idea why or how but it was gone ^^ And if your Power Supply is fine the only other option really is to just try out another board and man your system is dusty af :D 

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Last time my system did not do anything it was a dead mobo no idea why or how but it was gone ^^ And if your Power Supply is fine the only other option really is to just try out another board

Had the same happen when my Z170 board died. Couldn't be sure the CPU was fine but it worked with the cheap Z270 board I bought and used till I upgraded to Ryzen

Can't really try another board without buying one and risking it to die as well if the CPU is the defective part. My only alternative is to RMA both CPU and board.

3 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

man your system is dusty af :D 

My area in general is quite dusty. Wanted to clean some after the upgrade but I guess now something a bit higher priority came up. Also my side panel doesn't have a window so I don't really care too much as long as it's cool since I clean the radiators.

For me it was a old fx8350 it just went off and never came back after i checked the power supply i replaced the board and it did run many years after that 

Cpus kinda never die if u dont do a massiv oc so its very unlikely that the cpu is the Problem here i have a feeling your Board just shit itself 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, xhackforeverxdx said:

For me it was a old fx8350 it just went off and never came back after i checked the power supply i replaced the board and it did run many years after that 

Cpus kinda never die if u dont do a massiv oc so its very unlikely that the cpu is the Problem here i have a feeling your Board just shit itself 

It appears a CPU reseat helped after I've taking everything else off, replugged, etc.

At first just an LED flashed just for a sec, with the 8-pin CPU cable in the other socket it worked fine again.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:14 PM, Celmor said:

According to the troubleshooting guide I've...

- Checked if power cable is firmly plugged in on both ends

- Checked if the power supply (PSU) switch is in the position denoted with ON or I

- Checked if EVERY power cable is plugged in securely, reseat if necessary.

- Checked if the power button is installed correctly (I'm using the onboard power button)

- Checked with a device of which you know that it works if the power outlet you're using is actually providing power.

As this hasn't solved the problem, I've checked if my PSU isn't dead.

My situation:

I've installed 2 additional memory modules replacing my old memory modules (while I had 2 new modules already installed, extending this to a 4 module configuration of the same module model). After some initial troubles which got resolved after a clear cmos and UEFI configuration I could verify everything shows up in the OS (64G/16 per module) with XMP profile applied. After a subsequent reboot the system never started up again. I undid my upgrade, cleared CMOS. removed all hardware and cables which aren't required (only left 24 pin and 8 pin for CPU power plugged in). Also removed GPUs, sotorage, memory modules (one after another, each time trying to POST and then trying with just 1 module a different slot each time) to try and get any reaction from my system each time when I flip the switch on in the power supply (like psu fan, chipset fan, onboard LEDs).

Confirmed my PSU is working by shorting the green cable with ground and testing all the voltages with a multi meter (fan was also running).

From where I'm standing either CPU or the Motherboard has to be causing the issue (which isn't even half a year old). Only thing left to try is reseating the cpu but I very much doubt that's going to help.

Picture of motherboard in its current state is attached if that helps with diagnosing (I know that it's kinda dirty/covered in dust). 24 pin and 8 pin (not visible) is still plugged in, RAM I'm constantly swapping in/out when attempting to power it on and get any reaction from it.

What I'm trying next is my new RAM in my old board (Z270/6700K) and then removing the board from the case which will take some work because of the AIOs (360 mounted top, 120 back from GPU).

Open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

For my hardware configuration check my profile/my hardware picker link

IMG_20200523_200941.jpg

try a vacume cleaner or blower to remove dust from your system as well..  it's not looking pretty.. 

clean once every year :D

3 hours ago, Celmor said:

It appears a CPU reseat helped after I've taking everything else off, replugged, etc.

At first just an LED flashed just for a sec, with the 8-pin CPU cable in the other socket it worked fine again.

Very strange ^^ well lets hope it keeps on working and not die a week later :D