Does a monitor's image/color quality change depending on the computer

HairyChickens

So I plugged in my new laptop into my monitor and I've noticed that the screen is really saturated, compared to what it used to look like with this other laptop.

So a few things:

Does this have to do with my new laptop's drivers.

Is it normal to have varying image/color quality depending on a computer's hdmi port.

Or (I highly doubt this) Is this how my monitor is supposed to look like. Because the new laptop is much more expensive than the other one so I'd assume it would have a better hdmi port.

Also my new laptop has a USB C port. Do you think that the image/color quality will change. 

Someone can answer more detailed than I can, but short yes, a different computer can output colors differently if a different color profile or calibration is used. Most likely it has to do with the factory calibration of the laptop but im not 100% on that,

First thing i'd do is reset the defaults on the monitor before calibrating anything in the color profile on your laptop

28 minutes ago, suits said:

Someone can answer more detailed than I can, but short yes, a different computer can output colors differently if a different color profile or calibration is used. Most likely it has to do with the factory calibration of the laptop but im not 100% on that

Hmmm I kinda suspected this.

Also does anyone know how to fix my over saturation issue

10 hours ago, HairyChickens said:

Also does anyone know how to fix my over saturation issue

There will be a saturation slider in your graphics control panel. Nvidia calls it Digital Vibrance. Or you could just lower each RGB color channel via the monitor's menu, but that will also affect brightness.

image.thumb.png.c3614010ab6ebebc6e4871c1d9407ffa.png

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Yes and No.

It will depend on the profile your Computer chooses for its ICC Profile, most of the time its just a generic profile by default. In which case it will always be the same. A lot of monitors base it off of this generic profile.

Some professional monitors, will usually offer a downloadable profile to use with it while most others do not.

Your graphics Driver may also adjust the profile depending on what it thinks it should be.

If its a laptop, it could have a factory modified Generic ICC Profile that is set globally as default, in which case it will apply it to any monitor you plug into the device by default. Would be inaccurate for most monitors.

Most people just usually don't notice enough of a difference.