Shield TV for desktop streaming? (Local Network)

TTesla

I currently use a steam link to access my desktop on my TV, but it's not a great solution (clunky, slow, buggy, 1080p).

I am interested in the new Shield TV Pro, but I was wondering if I can use it for that purpose? Can I have it turn on my computer over LAN? Stream games and desktop with over a wired LAN connection? Can I connect things like my wireless keyboard and controllers and use them? Would a USB hub work? Would the VirtualHere software work (makes computer think things are locally plugged in)?

Can I install apps on the shield TV that aren't officially on the app store (via APK)?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

network speed > strength of device
I'd get a raspberry pi since it can connect via ethernet for a fraction of the cost

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 hour ago, Jumballi said:

network speed > strength of device
I'd get a raspberry pi since it can connect via ethernet for a fraction of the cost

Not sure that'd be the best option, but thanks for the input

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

5 hours ago, TTesla said:

I am interested in the new Shield TV Pro, but I was wondering if I can use it for that purpose?

Yes.

Can I have it turn on my computer over LAN?

If you configure your PC correctly and install a wake-on-lan app on the Shield, yes.

Stream games and desktop with over a wired LAN connection?

Yes.

Can I connect things like my wireless keyboard and controllers and use them?

Yes.

Would a USB hub work?

Depends on the hub, but most likely yes.

Would the VirtualHere software work (makes computer think things are locally plugged in)?

No idea.

Can I install apps on the shield TV that aren't officially on the app store (via APK)?

Yes.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.