Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stringing in Call of Duty Modern Warefare, Bad GPU?

sotik

Hey all. I built a new PC last week, or maybe the week before? Anyways, it's new. Has a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT OC 3 fan card in it (It also has a Ryzen 5 3600 in it, not sure if that is important). Lately in Call of Duty Modern Warfare I've noticed that it's starting to string. Like I get this black lines that go from objects to off the screen. I didn't notice it doing this at first. Nor have I noticed it in any other games like GTA 5 or Apex Legends. Seems to be an issue only in CoD and it seems to have gotten worse today.

I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem. I can't really find anything on Google about the stringing at all. When I look for stringing in gaming it comes up with results about string games for kids. So IDK what is causing this, and if it is my graphics card I would like to figure that out so I can still try to get a replacement before my 30 days are up. I've tried changing graphical settings in the game, but it still does it. 

I found this video on YouTube of a guy with the same exact problem. It is a whole lot worse today than it was yesterday. Again I get this in no other game but CoD. Does anyone have any idea of what this might be? I just want to know if people think it's software related, or if its a bad GPU and I need to send back my card...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DVLVNjj75U