Need Wireless Headphones For Gaming and other things

Omikse

Hey Gang, New question time. I have a really cheap pair of wired/wireless head (bought at a local discount grocery store) that is dying out so I want to seriously upgrade to a better pair that won't die out so often. I have looked at a bunch ranging from cheap to very expensive (which the latter I would like to avoid) and I cannot find which one would be good for me. So to give you an idea what I would like/need, I would like to keep it around 100 but willing to go not too much higher so please no suggestion on pairs that are over say 150. My wife wants to be anywhere in the house (living in a 30 x 70 (I think maybe slightly bigger) double wide for reference) and still be able to hear the computer while moving around because she listens to YouTube a lot. My motherboard is listed below or if you don't see it, it is a Crosshair VI Hero, and I do not think it has bluetooth so I do not know if that can be an option or not without getting something else to make it work like a usb adapter. Good sound (maybe surround sound if built in) of course is a must and mic is optional since I don't talk to anyone over the computer. And very optional but would like if it was... RGB BABY. So that is my criteria for what I am looking for. No Earbuds. So thanks and let the suggestions fly.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

If you want it to sound good, don't get a gaming headset. Get something quality.

Check out reviews on some $200 wireless headphones, then head over to eBay and see what you can get cheap.

For example, you can get the Sony WH-CH700N for under $100.

You can pick up Bluetooth dongles for around $5 to $15 depending on how picky you are.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 minutes ago, AB44400 said:

So battery life with this is OK (at most 16 hrs., a few videos say that there is some audio interference due to being near to other electronic which it would be. Price is nice but the range is not what I am looking for (only 40 feet). I need a wider range on them. They look comfortable. Nice RGB but issues with software. On these I don't know if they would work. But again, Thanks

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

1 minute ago, Omikse said:

So battery life with this is OK (at most 16 hrs., a few videos say that there is some audio interference due to being near to other electronic which it would be. Price is nice but the range is not what I am looking for (only 40 feet). I need a wider range on them. They look comfortable. Nice RGB but issues with software. On these I don't know if they would work. But again, Thanks

I have the void pro which are great for the price and the logitech g935 which are great for sound (pricey stars $129 though). If you want longer range you’ll probably have to go with bluetooth since RF headsets will all have about the same range but better bandwidth.

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

I have the void pro which are great for the price and the logitech g935 which are great for sound (pricey stars $129 though). If you want longer range you’ll probably have to go with bluetooth since RF headsets will all have about the same range but better bandwidth.

That is what I am seeing at the moment. I am currently looking at a video for the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 which are supposed to have a huge range of 330 feet. 

So any other suggestions?