Top PCIe slot stopped working after shutting my pc down

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. 

I am using an i5 4690k in an asrock z87 extreme4 with a gtx 980ti.

Last night after a normal day I shut down my PC like always. I shut off the power strip and today I want to start up my PC and no display. After some troubleshooting and swapping GPUs I found that the Top PCIe slot isn't working.

I put a 2nd gpu (gtx 970) and nothing.

I put the 970 in the 2nd pcie slot and all is good. (My 980ti is too long to fit). Is there anything I can do or do I need a new MB? Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, GreY2231 said:

Last night after a normal day I shut down my PC like always. I shut off the power strip and today I want to start up my PC and no display. After some troubleshooting and swapping GPUs I found that the Top PCIe slot isn't working.

I put the 970 in the 2nd pcie slot and all is good. (My 980ti is too long to fit). Is there anything I can do or do I need a new MB? Thanks. 

Make sure there isn't any burnt spots on it and that everything is clean

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

27 minutes ago, GreY2231 said:

Could you take a picture of the motherboard and around the PCIe slot and attach to this thread, also what power supply are you using?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Everything was perfectly fine. I repeated the cpu and all was good. Weird