Airpods 2nd Gen or Airpods Pro?

Radioactive Snowman

Hi,

I bought Sony WF 1000XM3's a few months ago and have had an awful experience with them, I cant connect them to a second device without needing to reset them and restart the device in question which is a complete deal breaker along with numerous other issues 

The devices in question are my iPhone and iPad so airpods are the logical option. Does anyone have any experience with the pros? I've used the original airpods for over a year but wanted to know how the pros compared. I'll be wearing them for 8+ hours a day so I dont want to make the wrong decision a second time

Thanks!

AirPods Pro are brilliant imo, battery life is really solid (about 4/5 hours), the case then has an extra 24 hours or something like that and the noise cancelling is amazing. Sitting in a car or plane they block out constant droning noises very well, and even annoying less constant noises too. Transparency mode where they amplify the outside sound is also brilliant. Imo you should go for the pros over the usual AirPods

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

its wasted money nobody needs airpods spend ur money on somthing useful

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

I've used the Airpods 2 for about a year now and overall I've been pretty satisfied, in terms of the battery life, portability and somewhat sound quality, as in it's better than the included wired earbuds, but still nothing to brag about, but that was obviously to be expected.

My only problem with them though is the way they sit inside the ear and the plastic they're made out of that gets slippery real quick, making working out with them quite a hassle, hence why the Airpods Pro look really good imo, though I'm not going to spend that much on a pair of earbuds, at the moment at least haha.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

Nobody really needs gaming PCs or consoles but look at this forum lol. 

Just now, Mateyyy said:

I've used the Airpods 2 for about a year now and overall I've been pretty satisfied, in terms of the battery life, portability and somewhat sound quality, as in it's better than the included wired earbuds, but still nothing to brag about, but that was obviously to be expected.

My only problem with them though is the way they sit inside the ear and the plastic they're made out of that gets slippery real quick, making working out with them quite a hassle, hence why the Airpods Pro look really good imo, though I'm not going to spend that much on a pair of earbuds, at the moment at least haha.

dont they fall out?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

22 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Hi,

I bought Sony WF 1000XM3's a few months ago and have had an awful experience with them, I cant connect them to a second device without needing to reset them and restart the device in question which is a complete deal breaker along with numerous other issues 

The devices in question are my iPhone and iPad so airpods are the logical option. Does anyone have any experience with the pros? I've used the original airpods for over a year but wanted to know how the pros compared. I'll be wearing them for 8+ hours a day so I dont want to make the wrong decision a second time

Thanks!

The aipods pro sound much better then the 2 the 2 and originals sound barely better than the $30 earpods and even those didn't really sound that great but the pro at least somewhat competes with the sonys and Galaxy buds

I have original airpods and will be upgrading soon to airpods pro.
I know people who have the airpods Pro and swear by them!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

9 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

Wasted money is subjective, for something I'll be using so much I've no issue spending more money for a better experience and they are useful to me!

2 hours ago, Enzo1001 said:

dont they fall out?

When working out the left Airpod tends to fall out often for me unfortunately, but this will obviously differ from person to person.

Some might have the right one fall out, some might have both of them fall out, or the lucky ones that are fortunate enough to possess Apple's perfect ears they manufactured these earbuds for will have no problems lol

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC