Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rzyen 2700x + 5700xt Underperforming

91darby
 Share

Motherboard - asrock b450m AC 

Ram - 16gb of ddr4 at 2666

 

I get about 30-50 frames at 1440p on something like Runescape on high and ultra settings. I get around 50-70 on call of duty Modern Warfare unless I put the settings on low. It's the same story for GTA 5. I can't stream call of duty Modern Warfare to twitch without frames dropping. CPU Usage always jumps to 100% in that situation. I've been told that my 2700x should be capable of more but I have no point of reference. My temps seem to be normal across the board. It seems like there is a bottleneck somewhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, boggy77 said:

what motherboard and ram do you have?

Sorry. I hit enter before I was finished making this topic lol. I have an asrock b450m AC and 16gigs of ddr4 at 2666

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the CPU running 3.8GHz or more? If it isnt, then its power draw has exceeded the board's power limit.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots  2 and 4? xmp enabled? bios up to date? chipset drivers up to date? gpu drivers up to date

Yea the ram is in slots 2 and 4. I'm not sure about xmp (I'm new to pc's). Chipset drivers are up to date. Gpu drivers are also up to date. The bio is not. It's one update behind. I don't have a flash drive to flash the bios. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Is the CPU running 3.8GHz or more? If it isnt, then its power draw has exceeded the board's power limit.

Yea it's running at 3.89

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 91darby said:

Yea the ram is in slots 2 and 4. I'm not sure about xmp (I'm new to pc's). Chipset drivers are up to date. Gpu drivers are also up to date. The bio is not. It's one update behind. I don't have a flash drive to flash the bios. 

if xmp is not enabled, your ram is running at 2133 instead of 2666. that would translate in 10-20% performance loss. can you check what's the ram running at in a software like cpu-z? even task manager shows this (although not always reliable)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if xmp is not enabled, your ram is running at 2133 instead of 2666. that would translate in 10-20% performance loss. can you check what's the ram running at in a software like cpu-z? even task manager shows this (although not always reliable)

Task manager says 2667

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if xmp is not enabled, your ram is running at 2133 instead of 2666. that would translate in 10-20% performance loss. can you check what's the ram running at in a software like cpu-z? even task manager shows this (although not always reliable)

500724752_Screenshot(3).png.40248cd7df990c679286d5e3e6c5a3b9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 91darby said:

500724752_Screenshot(3).png.40248cd7df990c679286d5e3e6c5a3b9.png

so they are running at 2666 (1330x2), but with very high latency (20), you should have something like 15 or 14 instead. so they are either not set up properly in bios, or you have very bad cheap ram.

 

as for the cpu, maybe monitor temps and utilisations, make sure you close background processes before playing, etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

so they are running at 2666 (1330x2), but with very high latency (20), you should have something like 15 or 14 instead. so they are either not set up properly in bios, or you have very bad cheap ram.

 

as for the cpu, maybe monitor temps and utilisations, make sure you close background processes before playing, etc

I'm sure it's cheap. I bought this pc prebuilt. I've been upgrading it recently. Temps for my cpu are always good.

 

this is the prebuilt I originally bought 

 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/615138/powerspec-g162-gaming-desktop-pc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×