How To Properly Set Up Voltages For Ryzen 3900X?

My new Ryzen 3900X and X570 Pro from Asus arrived today. Out of the box, the voltages were insane and temps were idle 60c.

I briefly watched a JayzTwoCents video on overclocking to find out stock voltages and tried to apply them in the bios. This did not work as the Peak Core(s) Voltage in Ryzen Master was 1.45v. I then set it to 1.2v and temps dropped to 43c idle.

What is the best way to set the proper voltages (bios vs Ryzen Master) and what should they be?

26 minutes ago, AAura said:

Out of the box, the voltages were insane and temps were idle 60c.

High voltage on low current is normal behavior. Voltage drops as you put it under load. 

26 minutes ago, AAura said:

What is the best way to set the proper voltages (bios vs Ryzen Master) and what should they be?

Leave it stock, perhaps add a slight voltage offset. 

If you are overclocking (allcore overclocks), keep below 1,325v. 

27 minutes ago, AAura said:

My new Ryzen 3900X and X570 Pro from Asus arrived today. Out of the box, the voltages were insane and temps were idle 60c.

I briefly watched a JayzTwoCents video on overclocking to find out stock voltages and tried to apply them in the bios. This did not work as the Peak Core(s) Voltage in Ryzen Master was 1.45v. I then set it to 1.2v and temps dropped to 43c idle.

The way I do it when I overclock is just set my desired clock speed, and stress test my system using Aida64 while incrementally increasing the voltage by 0.05v until the system is stable and no BSOD's are happening. If I am happy with the temperatures my processor reaches, I save the settings. If it's to hot, I decrease the clock speed and voltage accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

High voltage on low current is normal behavior. Voltage drops as you put it under load. 

Leave it stock, perhaps add a slight voltage offset. 

If you are overclocking (allcore overclocks), keep below 1,325v. 

I think i fixed it. Apparently the voltage is literally just stupidly high out of the factory. It's now 61c under load.

Ahem @AAura

What cooler are you using and what is the ambient room temperature?  

And you can use a negative CPU Core Voltage, but you'll want to test and see how large of a negative offset you can use before you see clock stretching which reduces performances.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, AAura said:

I think i fixed it. Apparently the voltage is literally just stupidly high out of the factory. It's now 61c under load.

There is nothing to fix.......

High voltage on low current loads is expected behavior. Voltage drops as it is put under load. 

Just leave it stock and apply a small offset of you want to. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

There is nothing to fix.......

High voltage on low current loads is expected behavior. Voltage drops as it is put under load. 

Just leave it stock and apply a small offset of you want to. 

But i'm really not sure that 1.45v and 70c idle is safe when i can dial in 1.20v and get 60c under load.

9 minutes ago, AAura said:

when i can dial in 1.20v and get 60c under load.

Considering allcore voltage is around 1,25v under full load, i assume you have also locked clockspeed then?

10 minutes ago, AAura said:

But i'm really not sure that 1.45v and 70c idle

Everything you have described up untill now seems like safe stock behavior. 

And that there sound like windows doing stuff in the background.