Why does my monitor show its display settings all the time?

TechGenie
Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
11 hours ago, TechGenie said:

Did you get any idea of what to do?

i am low on budget so i can't buy a new monitor!

Press the buttons to see if you can close the menu. If any of the buttons feel stuck down, or less clicky than the others, you might have to try getting them unstuck, which might involve disassembling the monitor. If that's not something you're comfortable with, you might have to take the monitor to someone comfortable with taking it apart. That being said, if you don't suspect anything is wrong with the buttons, then it could just be the monitor on the fritz, aka replacement time.

When switching on my computer my monitor shows its settings .I can't close this settings box . it keeps popping back up. And also I made sure its not a graphics problem. The monitor is going crazy somehow.

1 hour ago, TechGenie said:

When switching on my computer my monitor shows its settings .I can't close this settings box . it keeps popping back up. And also I made sure its not a graphics problem. The monitor is going crazy somehow.

Let us know what make and model of monitor you have, and see if you can use your phone to upload a picture of the settings box you're seeing, too.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Its A Samsung Syncmaster 933 HD

On 5/21/2020 at 1:00 AM, TechGenie said:

Its A Samsung Syncmaster 933 HD

Be sure to quote people when replying, otherwise they won't see your replies.

Hmmm usually most monitors have buttons on the side. I did a quick Google search for your monitor model number and found that it should have these buttons, however, I cannot tell if they're physical clicky buttons or those aweful touch sensitive buttons. I had a Samsung TV monitor with the touch sensitive buttons... after 2 years of ownership the buttons started to "activate" themselves whenever the weather got too humid in our area, so that might be what's happening if yours are also touch sensitive.

image.jpeg.80fce243557ccee98060ca43c07d0b64.jpeg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

its clicky 

the buttons are clicky

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 4:57 AM, kirashi said:

Be sure to quote people when replying, otherwise they won't see your replies.

Hmmm usually most monitors have buttons on the side. I did a quick Google search for your monitor model number and found that it should have these buttons, however, I cannot tell if they're physical clicky buttons or those aweful touch sensitive buttons. I had a Samsung TV monitor with the touch sensitive buttons... after 2 years of ownership the buttons started to "activate" themselves whenever the weather got too humid in our area, so that might be what's happening if yours are also touch sensitive.

image.jpeg.80fce243557ccee98060ca43c07d0b64.jpeg

11 hours ago, TechGenie said:

Press the buttons to see if you can close the menu. If any of the buttons feel stuck down, or less clicky than the others, you might have to try getting them unstuck, which might involve disassembling the monitor. If that's not something you're comfortable with, you might have to take the monitor to someone comfortable with taking it apart. That being said, if you don't suspect anything is wrong with the buttons, then it could just be the monitor on the fritz, aka replacement time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:44 AM, kirashi said:

The monitor was damaged, and it was time for replacement . Thank you for your help.