This desktop won’t let me boot to on-board graphics while I have a graphics card in it ?

StonerNixon

Just a quick video of the bios , and there’s a picture of the error message I get while I have a graphics card in . While it’s in I cannot get to the bios , because it’s halted . So trying to get it to behave the way I normally now how , isn’t an option . I’ve spent a soild hour and a half looking through every option on the bios and I don’t think I’ve found anything to help , but with the video hopefully you guys can spot something or atleast tell me the things I don’t know . Dell optiplex 3010 and I’m trying to get an asus 1030 inside , but I don’t want an HDMI monitor , or spare tv , so vga is my only option , and the 1030 dosnt have vga output , but this motherboard has on-board vga . What am I missing , what am I doing wrong ? 

2CBD1A3C-9635-4ED0-BA02-A90FECB4E776.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Stonernixom said:

Just a quick video of the bios , and there’s a picture of the error message I get while I have a graphics card in . While it’s in I cannot get to the bios , because it’s halted . So trying to get it to behave the way I normally now how , isn’t an option . I’ve spent a soild hour and a half looking through every option on the bios and I don’t think I’ve found anything to help , but with the video hopefully you guys can spot something or atleast tell me the things I don’t know . Dell optiplex 3010 and I’m trying to get an asus 1030 inside , but I don’t want an HDMI monitor , or spare tv , so vga is my only option , and the 1030 dosnt have vga output , but this motherboard has on-board vga . What am I missing , what am I doing wrong ? 

2CBD1A3C-9635-4ED0-BA02-A90FECB4E776.jpeg

get a vga to hdmi adapter and run the monitor off the add on gpu? Take off the gpu and just turn on the pc and then put in the gpu? Does your mobo even support the 1030? The 1030 eats like 50 or 70 watts and your mobo might not have enough power for it so it just doesnt want to boot. Try another pcie lane if you have another. 

Old boards won't boot with VGA and add on card cuz there can detect if a VGA cabke is plugged in cuz analog

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

300 watt power supply , I think it’s fine . This card ran with a 430 watt . I’m just trying to see what my options are and if I’m going to have to get adapters and such lol I have dvi to vga adapter , but the 1030 dosnt have proper dvi . I think it’s called dva or something like that . Instead of =—= it just looks like ___ one solid line and no little dots above it lol