2 non sli gpus in the same system

Kartik 234

Ryzen 7 3700x 
Motherboard Asus x570 tuff gaming wifi
16 gb of ddr4 3600mhz corsair vengence lpx
powersupply 750 watt cooller master bronze 80 +

GPu current 980ti gigabyte windforce (given by brother)
Plan to buy rtx 2060 super/ 2070

What i plan to use my new computer im building: 
1. Gaming 
2. Game design/ Animation/ video Editing and possibly streaming if i ever get into it

Question would having 2 gpus in non sli configuration run 2 heavy applications simultaniously without any performance loss? ive already set myself to save for getting a 2060 super or 2070 in the future and currently i have a gigabyte 980 ti which my brother gave me . Not wanting to sell the card away; wondering running if taskign the 980ti to only being used as a render card/ 2nd game card; ie i run a grand 4x strategy game like civilization on the 980ti while also playing a different game on the 2060/2070 super i plan to get. Would this allow me to play multiple games or run alot of heavy applications ie rendering and gamign without having much drawback on my primary gaming performance ?

or am i just being dumb? (Please treat me as a noob in pc building as this is my first pc im trying to build)

Sounds very app specific.  there would have to be hooks.

When I’ve seen this done it’s been for specific tasks.  Generally some sort of compute.  The GPUs are also often identical. 

In your situation what I personally would do is run the 980ti alone and buy nothing until the new GPUs come out, then get one of them.  Gpu prices are very very high right now.  It’s a terrible time to buy.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Gaming, probably not, since the default renderer settings usually are not complex enough to designate on a per game basis.

3D rendering and video rendering, depends entirely on the software.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You can run different card of the same manufacturer (nVidia in this case) at the same time as long as both are compatible with the same version of drivers. Gaming on one card and rendering on the other is fine but you may want to assign certain cpu cores to each task so that neither will come in conflict. Gaming on both will not work without significant drops in performance. Also windows does not handle multiple games at the same time very well, I've tried a similar thing before and it caused the driver to crash more often that not.

Thank you for the feedback I will just save up for the future when graphic card prices are down

Edited by Kartik 234
Grammar and autocorrect