1660 super static pink green glitch

f2bacon

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wo3vqu6iykc85k7y8
i upgraded my girlfriends setup. from rx580 red devil, ryzen 5 1600, asrock b450m pro4 >> to gigabyte gtx 1660 super, ryzen 5 2600, gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi.
im absolutely losing my mind. this happens mostly on fullscreen videos, but sometimes happens randomly on desktop. ive ddu'd a bunch of times and tried drivers right from gigabyte and also windows update, it seems like its the same driver. might i have to roll back? im not sure which version id have to load back to. ive found plenty of people with similar issues but not exactly this. any ideas?

29 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wo3vqu6iykc85k7y8
i upgraded my girlfriends setup. from rx580 red devil, ryzen 5 1600, asrock b450m pro4 >> to gigabyte gtx 1660 super, ryzen 5 2600, gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi.
im absolutely losing my mind. this happens mostly on fullscreen videos, but sometimes happens randomly on desktop. ive ddu'd a bunch of times and tried drivers right from gigabyte and also windows update, it seems like its the same driver. might i have to roll back? im not sure which version id have to load back to. ive found plenty of people with similar issues but not exactly this. any ideas?

Clear drivers using DDU, and reinstall them. Also try to reinstall BIOS, chipset drivers and remove any previous asrock applications. You could try to make a clear OS to test it.

11 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Did you reinstall the OS?

I was really hoping not to, it would take a while to backup and restore all my girlfriends stuff.

4 minutes ago, 3rrant said:

Clear drivers using DDU, and reinstall them. Also try to reinstall BIOS, chipset drivers and remove any previous asrock applications. You could try to make a clear OS to test it.

I gotta find chipset drivers, it could actually be that

2 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

I was really hoping not to, it would take a while to backup and restore all my girlfriends stuff.

It's not. The driver conflicts raging on are intense

19 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

Instead of doing a complete reinstall of the OS, you can try for a repair option first with the W10 boot. Since the platform is similiar, it might work. But when you change a lot of things (mobo+cpu+etc) a clean install is usually better.

has anyone ever seen or fixed this specific issue?

Usually, this is a sign of bad video memory on the video card. Try swapping it with the old one and see what happens. Even if you bought the 1660 as new, some components will fail once powered on. If that's the case, there's many routes you can take to get the card exchanged for a fresh one.

-pp

9 minutes ago, Propanepapi said:

Usually, this is a sign of bad video memory on the video card. Try swapping it with the old one and see what happens. Even if you bought the 1660 as new, some components will fail once powered on. If that's the case, there's many routes you can take to get the card exchanged for a fresh one.

-pp

i got it from a friend who never had these issues. also the old card (rx580) ended up going into my moms mothers day computer

Yeah, I gotcha. But just a little static shock or even plugging it in for the first time at a new place can cause something to go bad. Hell, even transporting a system will do that. You'll have to figure out a way to either test without the GPU or with another GPU, even if it's聽temporary.

-pp