Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’ve recently noticed that the 5500xt 8gb version outperforms the 1650s (in my country the prices for these two are the same). Everyone is talking about amd having better optimization for games in the future (due to console gaming) and in some cases the 5500xt is even faster than the 1660. Should I get the 5500 xt or stick with the 1650s?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people also complain about drivers from AMD. Its a question of pure performance vs. features.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Many people also complain about drivers from AMD. Its a question of pure performance vs. features.

As far as i know, its already been fixed ages ago. 

 

34 minutes ago, Stergios said:

I’ve recently noticed that the 5500xt 8gb version outperforms the 1650s (in my country the prices for these two are the same). Everyone is talking about amd having better optimization for games in the future (due to console gaming) and in some cases the 5500xt is even faster than the 1660. Should I get the 5500 xt or stick with the 1650s?

Id say go for the one that performs better or the one you can afford. Though with those two, id rather get an RX 580. Its cheaper, has more vram and in most cases performs better.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

 

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

As far as i know, its already been fixed ages ago. 

 

Id say go for the one that performs better or the one you can afford. Though with those two, id rather get an RX 580. Its cheaper, has more vram and in most cases performs better.

in my opinion id try to get a 1660 super or an rx 5600xt but if its out of your budget id get what ever card performs best in the games you play  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×