Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been Getting Random BSODs for Over a Year Now!

avrona

So around this time last year my PC was constantly throwing out BSODs under heavy load. After days of troubleshooting with nothing working I finally just had to reinstall Windows. Since then I have switched out most of the hardware in my PC. Around the start of April, my PC again began spitting out BSODs maybe once a day or so, even when it was idle. In fact it seemed more common at idle. They were also a different BSOD almost every time. Again after days of troubleshooting with nothing working I had to reinstall Windows. And now again I'm getting the same issue, random BSODs, around once a day, usually when the PC is idle. What on earth could be going on?!

what are your specs? old and new, mainly what parts are still the same, as you mentioned you have been upgrading.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

what are your specs? old and new, mainly what parts are still the same, as you mentioned you have been upgrading.

Ryzen 3700X, GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz, X570 Aorus Elite motherboard, anything else that's really needed? The only things that stayed the same from the upgrade was the graphics card and one of my drives.

8 minutes ago, avrona said:

Ryzen 3700X, GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz, X570 Aorus Elite motherboard, anything else that's really needed? The only things that stayed the same from the upgrade was the graphics card and one of my drives.

that's likely enough. whats the eventveiwer list after the bsod's?

edit: also, try to run the ram at stock 2133, with no xmp.

Can you tell us what the BSOD code is (yes I know they change for you), usually that can provide hints as to what's going wrong. Event viewer can also be used to check that and may help shape answers here.

Have you considered that the BSOD may only be happening after you install a certain program? That being the reason a reinstall fixes it for a time. Another possibility is that you have some RAM going bad, I'm sure regulars here will have better troubleshooting tips than I but that's what it sounds like it could be to me.

Sloth's the name, audio gear is the game
My Microphone and Interface tips and recommendations

12 minutes ago, The Flying Sloth said:

Can you tell us what the BSOD code is (yes I know they change for you), usually that can provide hints as to what's going wrong. Event viewer can also be used to check that and may help shape answers here.

Have you considered that the BSOD may only be happening after you install a certain program? That being the reason a reinstall fixes it for a time. Another possibility is that you have some RAM going bad, I'm sure regulars here will have better troubleshooting tips than I but that's what it sounds like it could be to me.

In this new wave so far I had KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED twice, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL twice, and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

yea, watchdog has been ram instability 9 out of 10 times for me. other codes point there aswell.