Which is less of a bottleneck?

JustinNgos

I’m looking to build a new gaming pc when the B550 comes out(for gaming, browsing and light streaming.) I want to either get the R5 3600 + Rx 5600 XT or the R3 3300x + Rx 5600 XT, I’ll upgrade to 4th gen CPU in a few years. But I was wondering which CPU + GPU is a better pair.

1 hour ago, JustinNgos said:

I’m looking to build a new gaming pc when the B550 comes out(for gaming, browsing and light streaming.) I want to either get the R5 3600 + Rx 5600 XT or the R3 3300x + Rx 5600 XT, I’ll upgrade to 4th gen CPU in a few years. But I was wondering which CPU + GPU is a better pair.

Technically the 3600 obv 

Better ipc 

But the 3300x won't bottleneck what so ever and will be cheaper (same imc just worse ipc count and the less core and thread count obviously)  it depends on your budget 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: