Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Help With Motherboard

I have an HP Prodesk 600 G1 SFF and I was wondering what size the motherboard is like if its an MicroATX or something like that. I am wanting to replace the motherboard and cpu so I can have a better CPU and Graphics Card but I need to know what size the motherboard is so I know what type to get.

PC Page Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03846648

6 minutes ago, JoelTheBestEver said:

I have an HP Prodesk 600 G1 SFF and I was wondering what size the motherboard is like if its an MicroATX or something like that. I am wanting to replace the motherboard and cpu so I can have a better CPU and Graphics Card but I need to know what size the motherboard is so I know what type to get.

PC Page Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03846648

It looks to be microATX, but you'll have a few challenges upgrading:

- The power supply is subpar and proprietary on those machines. If you want to run a power hungry graphics card, you won't be able to fit the PSU in the case.

- If you want to keep the same PSU, you'd need to solder a connector as it won't fit normal motherboards.

- Your GPU options are pretty limited if you want to keep the same case anyway, as the expansion slots are only half height.

I'd recommend either just building a new system or upgrading the processor while keeping the motherboard-- I believe those can take up to an i7 4770, which will be plenty for most of the half-height graphics cards on the market.

edit-- thought it was a different chipset, fixed now

Thanks for the reply. I might just build a system while using some of the same older parts.