Can´t OC RAM, changes simply won´t show in Windowsor Ryzen-Master

So, I recently noticed that my fancy 3200 MHz CL16 RAM doesn´t work at the advertised speeds unless I OC´d it.

Easy, I thought to myself, but I couldn´t have been more wrong. 

A bit of backstory here, I read ages ago that RAM speeds and the Infinity Fabric of my Ryzen 5 3600 should run at a a factor of 2:1 to each other.

When I stress tested my CPU in Ryzen Master today, I noticed a discrepancy that the infinity fabric apparently ran at 1200 MHz, whereas the memory ran at 1067 MHz.

Quick check into the Task-Manager, yep, Memory speed is at 2133 MHz, exactly twice the speed Ryzen-Master says it is. Weird, but whatever.

I quickly changed the setting for the Infinity Fabric down to match my RAM´s 1067 MHz, quickly stress-test it, it works flawlessly.

I then want to get to the advertised RAM speeds, I mean I paid for those! Quickly put RAm and Infinity Fabric speed to 1600 MHz in Ryzen Master,

a quick restart later, and it apparently works, Task-Manager tells me RAM is working at 3200 Mhz.  

But then the stress-test fails. Apparently I fucked up, so I changed it back to 1067 Mhz, everything´s fine again. But I want those sweet 3200 MHz.

I now went into the BIOS and wanted to apply the XMP settings to the memory. Done, restart, quick stress-test in Ryzen Master.

In the middle of the test I notice Ryzen Master says RAM speeds are at 1067 MHz? Double check in the Task-Manager, yep, memory is at 2133MHz.

Anyone can help me out? My configuration is as follows:

Ryzen 5 3600

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

MSI RTX 2060 Ventus OC

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP

Update bios to latest

Make sure DIMMS are in the right slots per motherboard manual

Manually enter xmp settings

If that doesn't work, try additionally:

Increase dram voltage to 1.4v

If the doesn't work, try additionally:

Increase SoC voltage to 1.15v

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

18 minutes ago, Maetharin said:

But then the stress-test fails. Apparently I fucked up, so I changed it back to 1067 Mhz, everything´s fine again. But I want those sweet 3200 MHz.

I now went into the BIOS and wanted to apply the XMP settings to the memory. Done, restart, quick stress-test in Ryzen Master.

In the middle of the test I notice Ryzen Master says RAM speeds are at 1067 MHz? Double check in the Task-Manager, yep, memory is at 2133MHz.

All RAM will run at their JEDEC speed unless you apply XMP to get them to work at what they're advertised at, try enabling XMP again in BIOS save and restart and go into BIOS again and see what your RAM is running at, if it is at 3200Mhz then probably Ryzen Master is forcing or resetting your memory once you get into Windows, you should never control your BIOS with software, it always creates a mess.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

55 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Update bios to latest

Make sure DIMMS are in the right slots per motherboard manual

Manually enter xmp settings

If that doesn't work, try additionally:

Increase dram voltage to 1.4v

If the doesn't work, try additionally:

Increase SoC voltage to 1.15v

^ Pretty much what I wanted to say

Completely agree with this 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I´ve now uninstalled Ryzen Master, when I go into the BIOS after activating the XMP profile it still says MCLK 2133 MHz.

Did a restart and everything, nothing changes.

What do you think should I do next, remove the CMOS battery?

44 minutes ago, Maetharin said:

I´ve now uninstalled Ryzen Master, when I go into the BIOS after activating the XMP profile it still says MCLK 2133 MHz.

Did a restart and everything, nothing changes.

What do you think should I do next, remove the CMOS battery?

Try the reset - check your manual for CMOS reset procedure. Usually involves shorting pins

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

So, I did some investigating and found that AMD has a DRAM oc setting of its own. I suspect that Ryzen Master changes that particular setting because when I changed this setting from 2133 to 3200, it suddenly worked!

System wasn‘t stable though, so I reset that setting to Auto. Had a few bootloops after that, after which I posted directly into the BIOS screen telling me it had been reset.

I then activated XMP, and now it works! So now I finally got rid of Ryzen Master interfering with that! System is still unstable though.

Any steps you could recommend?