Plex/Minecraft Server with Docker on i5-3450

I recently acquired a used Dell Vostro with an i5-3450 and I've got 16GB of DDR3 to put into it. I would like to host a minecraft server off it for ~5-6 players as well as a plex server for home media. Through some light googling it seems like Unraid might be a good OS FreeNAS or Ubuntu to go with and then use docker on top of that, I've got some minor linux experience (basic stuff). I'm sure that plenty of people have done this already, are there any guides you would recommend? Is the hardware going to be sufficient?

Edited: Not going the Unraid route.

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What is your storage setup?

Hardware should be fine for this use.

Id probably pick anouther linux distro, but depends on what you like.

My only experience is Ubuntu so I'm open to try whatever would be best. I'm not sure on the storage setup yet, currently I've got an old 40GB Intel 320 series SSD that I was planning on install the OS on with a 1TB 5400 RPM drive for storage, but over time I would like to buy 6TB NAS drives (Maybe WD Reds) for storage and it would probably be good to get a better SSD for the OS. Any recommendations on storage? Ill probably keep the minecraft storage separate from all the video.

Just now, TyrelOlsen said:

My only experience is Ubuntu so I'm open to try whatever would be best. I'm not sure on the storage setup yet, currently I've got an old 40GB Intel 320 series SSD that I was planning on install the OS on with a 1TB 5400 RPM drive for storage, but over time I would like to buy 6TB NAS drives (Maybe WD Reds) for storage and it would probably be good to get a better SSD for the OS. Any recommendations on storage? Ill probably keep the minecraft storage separate from all the video.

Ubuntu(probalby server version, no need for a gui here) will work fine 

That storage config will work well.

Id stay awawy from those wd reds as there smr, just get a normal desktop drive, the nas features won't really help here.