A shade in display VGA cable

prasanth_1991

There is a shade showing on my display. Monitor connected via VGA cable, I know it's old & it's stupid to use VGA these days but my monitor is old & I have only input is VGA. The problem is there is a shade showing on display. for example if I have black display with some white icons then there is a shade facing right side. It's really bothering me like hell. Is there any chance to git rid of it ? I'm attaching picture so that you can understand easily I'm talking about.

Thanks 

IMG_20200518_140348_1.jpg

I think you should probably be happy that an lcd that is old enough to only have vga in is actually making a decent enough picture still. it's probably way beyond its expected life span

Ghosting, I've seen it happen a few times with old VGA displays. This is most likely caused by the connection, so try wiggling the cable around on both sides and make sure it's in securely. If that doesn't fix it, try a different VGA cable.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

32 minutes ago, emosun said:

I think you should probably be happy that an lcd that is old enough to only have vga in is actually making a decent enough picture still. it's probably way beyond its expected life span

Yeah, I guess I need to upgrade my monitor

34 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Ghosting, I've seen it happen a few times with old VGA displays. This is most likely caused by the connection, so try wiggling the cable around on both sides and make sure it's in securely. If that doesn't fix it, try a different VGA cable.

This is like 14th time my VGA cable does this shade. I changed 14 times just because of this shade. Even if I brought it gonna be shade again in few 2 to 3 months. Maybe it's time to change the monitor or buying DVI or HDMI to VGA adapter. By the way thanks for your reply, I'll try wiggling both end in VGA cable.