Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Epic Games Coupon info!! Witcher 3 price change

sparkchomp
 Share

So apparently if you buy GTA V for free on Epic games store, You get a coupon that gives you $10 ($14 CAD) off on eligible games that were $14.99 ($20.99 CAD) or over.
Witcher 3 was priced $14.99 ($20.99 CAD) so people were able to purchase Witcher 3 for $4.99 ($6.99 CAD)


Apparently CD Project Red found out and then lowered the price to $14.98 ($20.98 CAD) so the discount does not apply.

I mean its not an issue because CD Project Red is a great company and their pro consumer. Plus this is a great price considering the fact you get the DLC with it since its the Game of the Year Edition.

I am not sure if the games that go on sale on epic games store will be cheaper on steam sales, so I'm being cautious with purchases.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

CDPR doing that means that Epic didn't ask them about it. Bad in terms of publisher/developer relations. On Steam devs/publishers decide how low their games can go. Heavy discounts bring more customers, but developers cut is much smaller.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, sparkchomp said:

So apparently if you buy GTA V for free on Epic games store, You get a coupon that gives you $10 ($14 CAD) off on eligible games that were $14.99 ($20.99 CAD) or over.
Witcher 3 was priced $14.99 ($20.99 CAD) so people were able to purchase Witcher 3 for $4.99 ($6.99 CAD)


Apparently CD Project Red found out and then lowered the price to $14.98 ($20.98 CAD) so the discount does not apply.

I mean its not an issue because CD Project Red is a great company and their pro consumer. Plus this is a great price considering the fact you get the DLC with it since its the Game of the Year Edition.

I am not sure if the games that go on sale on epic games store will be cheaper on steam sales, so I'm being cautious with purchases.
 

It's on the EGS so why would you want it? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

It's on the EGS so why would you want it? 

What do you mean? What's wrong with Epic Game Store?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

CDPR doing that means that Epic didn't ask them about it. Bad in terms of publisher/developer relations. On Steam devs/publishers decide how low their games can go. Heavy discounts bring more customers, but developers cut is much smaller.

Its also possible it could have been a mistake where someone priced it wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sparkchomp said:

Its also possible it could have been a mistake where someone priced it wrong.

Based on your telling, doesn't sound like it. CDPR has no-bullshit approach. They have lashed against keysellers before for unauthorized keys. Their thing is to offer games DRM free, or through other platforms, but pricing will be about same. In which they would prefer you using their own platform just as it gives the freedom.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, sparkchomp said:

What do you mean? What's wrong with Epic Game Store?

Nothings wrong with EGS. They're just Satan because they aren't Steam and they paid for some exclusive titles. There's also a guy on Reddit who in the same post he claimed EGS was shady, stated that he blatantly had no idea what he was talking about.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Nothings wrong with EGS. They're just Satan because they aren't Steam and they paid for some exclusive titles. There's also a guy on Reddit who in the same post he claimed EGS was shady, stated that he blatantly had no idea what he was talking about.

Alot is wrong with EGS.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Praesi said:

Alot is wrong with EGS.

Like the fact that it's not spyware? Or that it isn't literally Satan? Or a bunch of other dumb little non-issues that have since been fixed?

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Like the fact that it's not spyware? Or that it isn't literally Satan? Or a bunch of other dumb little non-issues that have since been fixed?

Please teach me the facts. I only game on pc since 1996. Im new to this stuff.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Praesi said:

Please teach me the facts. I only game on pc since 1996. Im new to this stuff.

No. You're a grown ass man. You have the internet and Google. You also didn't make any claims outside of "Epic bad."

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Praesi said:

Please teach me the facts. I only game on pc since 1996. Im new to this stuff.

you know what the wise thing to do? take a screenshot of those replies and post to r/fuckepic

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, zassou said:

you know what the wise thing to do? take a screenshot of those replies and post to r/fuckepic

Not worth the effort. Nothing to gain and there will always be "Gamers" who defent Companies like Epic.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Not worth the effort. Nothing to gain and there will always be "Gamers" who defent Companies like Epic.

idk, but if someone wanna defend epic on that subreddit, it will be quite a show. you should pay a visit.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zassou said:

idk, but if someone wanna defend epic on that subreddit, it will be quite a show. you should pay a visit.

I know it. But thx for the suggestion.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×