NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX650 replacement?

Rabid Custard

Hi ppl, 

I just turned on my desktop for the first time in five years. I started using laptops and it became cheaper to just buy a new (second-hand) machine when I needed it. I wanted to update the graphics card but thought I would ask if I could use some other upgrades. This is the first time on here so I hope I have got the correct format for the pst, so here goes: GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX650 on an ASUS M5A78L - M LX V2. PROCESSOR. (SOCKET AM3+ SOCKET 942). AMD FX-8150 (8 core). MEMORY is 2x8gb DDR3 @ 669.6MHZ. Ty. 

An RX 470/570 is basically the ultimate budget graphics card, if this is a gaming PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

should i upgrade the memory? will the GC work ok with the processor I have?

XFX AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB Core Edition RX-550P4SFG5 is this any good as a replacement?

8 hours ago, Rabid Custard said:

XFX AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB Core Edition RX-550P4SFG5 is this any good as a replacement?

That is a terrible replacement. They both preform about the same. A good replacement is anything above a rx 560. Try to get a Rx 470 or 480 used of AliExpress they have much better deals then buying them of eBay