Clone windows 10 to new m.2 ssd

Sooand

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here, and I could really need some extra eyes. I've bought a new m.2 ssd (Samsung Evo 970 500GB) as I noticed my motherboard (z97-ar, pretty old gal I know) supported it. Now I want to move my windows 10 to that drive, and I have hit a couple walls. To even boot on the new drive and get it recognized in the bios took some tinkering with bios settings, and needed to set the new ssd to gpt and disable csm in bios. Problem is my current drive is mbr, so I couldn't use clonezilla to clone from the old mbr drive to gpt. After much headache I got the old drive converted from mbr to gpt. Great! Here we go! I boot up clonezilla, I get a successful clone and disk management shows everything is cloned, awesome! Now my biggest hurdle yet, I unplug my old drive and boot into the newly cloned ssd. Windows quickly shows loading and then gives me the error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" and I can't for the life of me find any relevant info or guides for it. Can anybody please help? 

Use something better than Clonezilla. I recommend Macrium Reflect.

Also - first change your current installation from MBR to GPT using mbr2gpt tool.

Then clone it.

You can find probably thousand of posts about Macrium Reflect and cloning on this forum. Search is working well.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Use something better than Clonezilla. I recommend Macrium Reflect.

Also - first change your current installation from MBR to GPT using mbr2gpt tool.

Then clone it.

You can find probably thousand of posts about Macrium Reflect and cloning on this forum. Search is working well.

As stated, I converted MBR to to GPT. But thank you for the recommendation I'll look into it ASAP! 

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/#download_tab_0101_anchorpar2-st_semi_down_list_ex
You can use Samsung migration Tool, worked great for me.