Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ram light not on/not booting

Redoga

hello, i try to giveaway my old pc to my brother it was working fine and all i did was take the psu out and buy him a new one.  i reconnect everything and the RGB ram light didn't turn on when i boot nor did i get a display on the monitor. i took out the ram and used it in my new pc and it work so its not the ram fault and i just receive a new PSU today so it can't be that and i tested it. i then took out the CMOS for 30seconds put it back in and still nothing. any idea what to do next?

2 minutes ago, Redoga said:

hello, i try to giveaway my old pc to my brother it was working fine and all i did was take the psu out and buy him a new one.  i reconnect everything and the RGB ram light didn't turn on when i boot nor did i get a display on the monitor. i took out the ram and used it in my new pc and it work so its not the ram fault and i just receive a new PSU today so it can't be that and i tested it. i then took out the CMOS for 30seconds put it back in and still nothing. any idea what to do next?

Try putting the RAM in different DIMM Slots, or booting the system off of One RAM stick. This same thing happened to me when I was fixing a friends desktop. Booting it from one RAM stick did the trick, and I just shut the system off and put the second RAM stick into the same colored RAM slot.

4 minutes ago, bigbraingamer123 said:

Try putting the RAM in different DIMM Slots, or booting the system off of One RAM stick. This same thing happened to me when I was fixing a friends desktop. Booting it from one RAM stick did the trick, and I just shut the system off and put the second RAM stick into the same colored RAM slot.

will do that now brb

9 minutes ago, bigbraingamer123 said:

didn't work i even did it with the both stick by using 1 at different slots

Just now, Redoga said:

didn't work i even did it with the both stick by using 1 at different slots

Try taking one ram card out, and putting the other in a DIMM slot and booting. If the PC doesnt post, shut it off then take out the RAM from that DIMM slot and put it in the next. Continue this until one of them works. If none of them work, then put the RAM card you're testing with aside and use the other one to test, same process. I suggest watching Linus's old NCIX video on "PC not Posting" which is what yours isn't doing. Here's a link. 

the only thing i will have to do is check and see if the video card is the problem

will try the GPU tomorrow  i lived too far.

20 hours ago, bigbraingamer123 said:

Try taking one ram card out, and putting the other in a DIMM slot and booting. If the PC doesnt post, shut it off then take out the RAM from that DIMM slot and put it in the next. Continue this until one of them works. If none of them work, then put the RAM card you're testing with aside and use the other one to test, same process. I suggest watching Linus's old NCIX video on "PC not Posting" which is what yours isn't doing. Here's a link. 

ok i test the 1050ti in my new pc and it works my system pick it up as a 1050ti so could the motherboard died during takeing out a power supply?

It's possible but I'd also retry the original unit you removed and test it.
If the system acts fine with it, that means the system for some reason isn't liking the new PSU's.

Have one myself that does it - Everything I have works with my PSU except for one board I've got (Impact VIII) and the other PSU that's just like it - Same result.

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

It's possible but I'd also retry the original unit you removed and test it.
If the system acts fine with it, that means the system for some reason isn't liking the new PSU's.

Have one myself that does it - Everything I have works with my PSU except for one board I've got (Impact VIII) and the other PSU that's just like it - Same result.

ok but when i was building my New PC i forgot to format the SSD i was supposed to put windows on and the PSU I used  was the old one i been using for 2years. and put the 1050ti in since i already taken out my GPU and it didn't boot and i was like wtf the only thing that is new in the pc is the GPU and i end up couldn't format the SSD that way

sorry for bad gramar. my last guess is the motherboard might have died. the RGB ram don't lit up when turn on all the fans spining. i taken out the ram already tested them seperately and in my new rig and they work they just don't lit up nor anything boot on my old rig. and i been using those same ram 2 years and i forgot to mention this but. my new 16gb of toughram didn't lit up on the motherboard so it might be all x4 dimms on the motherboard died

Sounds like it could be a board problem but I'd still retry the old PSU first to confirm it as being the board. If it still fails to start then you KNOW it's the board but if not, it's most likely a PSU issue, most likely along the lines of what I described with mine (PSU incompatable to the board).

It's a rare thing but it happens.

Also double-check all connections to the board and make sure all is OK with that.

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Sounds like it could be a board problem but I'd still retry the old PSU first to confirm it as being the board. If it still fails to start then you KNOW it's the board but if not, it's most likely a PSU issue, most likely along the lines of what I described with mine (PSU incompatable to the board).

It's a rare thing but it happens.

Also double-check all connections to the board and make sure all is OK with that.

i did with the psu im curently using and what was being used on that motherboard, so in all i used x2 PSU the one that was being used on it for 2 years and a new psu i buy this week

gonna buy a new Motherboard on amazon next 3 week, and i can always return for free. any recomendation? the case i am using support MAtx and the cpu  is

I5-8400

Exactly what your use for the system be?
Would it be mainly for gaming, light online (Daily/Office type) use, some OC'ing thrown in for good measure....?

Don't want to suggest anything too expensive or with features you won't need or use. That's a big part of it, if you already know how you'll be using it you can sort through the features between boards and come up with something that's "Right" for your build in both useage and cost with the cost being the ultimate factor.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Exactly what your use for the system be?
Would it be mainly for gaming, light online (Daily/Office type) use, some OC'ing thrown in for good measure....?

Don't want to suggest anything too expensive or with features you won't need or use. That's a big part of it, if you already know how you'll be using it you can sort through the features between boards and come up with something that's "Right" for your build in both useage and cost.

No OC its for my 10year old brother he will only be play fortnight on it. and go on website to do some maths work

so don't want anything expensive since am not working just need something to get it up and runing without issue

Cheapest board without the bottom-end chipset: MSI PRO B365M PRO-VH LGA 1151 (300 Series) Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

If you want the cheapest scrapings at the bottom, here it is: ASRock H310CM-DVS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Using these links so you can see what they are.
I'd suggest the MSI simply because it's not "There" at the bottom of the pile (Decent chipset and features) but if $$ is really too tight, then the ASRock will do. Of course be sure to price it all out since Amazon's prices will differ from Newegg's.