Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTA V is killing me

InfinityVive

So I recently did heaven benchmark benchmark at "Extreme" preset from my RX 570 and it passed though all the 26 scenes, I did it again right after it was done just to be sure, It didn't crash or flicker and temps stayed under control, My configuration was 1244 MHz clock speed with -75 mV undervolt in MSI afterburner, I had a really old GTA V Version (ages back to 2016) and then I decided to update it to experience online as people say it's now good, I got into the game but then got a crap-ton of errors that didn't happen before I updated the game, Here's what happens

After 1~10 mins of playing the game gives me the "failed to initialize direct X" or "Failed to read <something> from memory" or those type of problems, and the problem here is that not only the game crashes, when I open task manager it tells me that I failed to login to use task manager and then gives me a black screen for about 5 seconds then I press alt+ctrl+delete again and then it works, also when the game crashes it often makes Rockstar launcher and Steam crash with it, I tried removing the undervolt and underclocking my card and the problem still happens

Please help....

PC specs:

-i5 4590

-8 GB RAM 1600 MHz dual channel

-XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB

Software: AMD Radeon software 20.2.1, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909

Verify cache integrity with steam

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Verify cache integrity with steam

I got it installed from epic games launcher, not steam, but it still makes steam crash with it from some reason (as I always got steam running in the background)

if that fails then try dialing down your overclock because if your card is a tiny bit unstable and works in any other game, its going to crash in gta(talking from experience)

Have you tried using a different video driver?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, ki8aras said:

if that fails then try dialing down your overclock because if your card is a tiny bit unstable and works in any other game, its going to crash in gta(talking from experience)

Even if it's stable in heaven benchmark extreme preset? that benchmark puts the card under heavy load, heavier than GTA V actually

Just now, InfinityVive said:

Even if it's stable in heaven benchmark extreme preset? that benchmark puts the card under heavy load, heavier than GTA V actually

yup

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Have you tried using a different video driver?

No and I don't want to, I found this driver the most stable for my graphics card and don't really want to change it till the October drivers release as I had a history with bad graphics card drivers

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

yup

And why was the game not crashing or anything before I updated it?

I had a similar problem. Uninstall Rockstar Launcher and Social Club, then re-download it from the website.

My experience with GTA has likely permanently turned me off from their games, so long as a secondary launcher is required.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

30 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

So I recently did heaven benchmark benchmark at "Extreme" preset from my RX 570 and it passed though all the 26 scenes, I did it again right after it was done just to be sure, It didn't crash or flicker and temps stayed under control, My configuration was 1244 MHz clock speed with -75 mV undervolt in MSI afterburner, I had a really old GTA V Version (ages back to 2016) and then I decided to update it to experience online as people say it's now good, I got into the game but then got a crap-ton of errors that didn't happen before I updated the game, Here's what happens

After 1~10 mins of playing the game gives me the "failed to initialize direct X" or "Failed to read <something> from memory" or those type of problems, and the problem here is that not only the game crashes, when I open task manager it tells me that I failed to login to use task manager and then gives me a black screen for about 5 seconds then I press alt+ctrl+delete again and then it works, also when the game crashes it often makes Rockstar launcher and Steam crash with it, I tried removing the undervolt and underclocking my card and the problem still happens

Please help....

PC specs:

-i5 4590

-8 GB RAM 1600 MHz dual channel

-XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB

Software: AMD Radeon software 20.2.1, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909

JUST WANT TO POINT OUT EPIC STORE IS OFFERING FREE PREMIUM GTA V GAME.

28 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I had a similar problem. Uninstall Rockstar Launcher and Social Club, then re-download it from the website.

My experience with GTA has likely permanently turned me off from their games, so long as a secondary launcher is required.

This was my first time playing gtav and that really turns me off as well. I usually shut my pc off at night and waiting for epic and rs games launchers every time makes it not worth it to me. Also, its not retaining my graphics settings (full screen, very high, dx11) so Im having to fiddle with that as well every time...

Not gonna complain too much about a free game, but overall not terribly impressed enough to be enticed to buy a rs game in the future if this is the experience.

@steelo @We Didnt_t start_the_fire @JoostinOnline @ki8aras @Mateyyy @Fasauceome

I don't know if that relates to the problem, but I tried running the game again and then my task-bar went fully transparent as if it's glass, I can see my background though it, and rainmeter (probably you know what that is) crashed and gave me this weird error:

Capture.PNG

But why

Guys, I think GTA V owns my memory, anything else that runs in the background crashes or gives the not enough memory error, why is GTA V doing that?

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

Guys, I think GTA V owns my memory, anything else that runs in the background crashes or gives the not enough memory error, why is GTA V doing that?

did you try lowering you oc or nah

14 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

Didn't try that yet, I am about to install AMD Latest drivers first, I am running the card at 1244 MHz so it's not an OC, should I lower it to 1168 MHz? And why does the game YEET anything in the background?

27 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

Ok I tried underclocking to 1168 Mhz and the problem still happens, the radeon software gives me the could not be read from memory error, Please help...

Capture.PNG

54 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

I also tried 1000 MHz just to see for myself, it still does the same thing, after 1~10 mins the game freezes and gives a black/white screen and I have to close it from task manager, It sometimes doesn't give that error though

On 5/16/2020 at 10:57 PM, InfinityVive said:

I also tried 1000 MHz just to see for myself, it still does the same thing, after 1~10 mins the game freezes and gives a black/white screen and I have to close it from task manager, It sometimes doesn't give that error though

im talking about your gpu overclock

9 hours ago, ki8aras said:

im talking about your gpu overclock

should I try underclocking the GPU's VRAM?

Just now, InfinityVive said:

should I try underclocking the GPU's VRAM?

no, you mentioned that you have overclocked your gpu core, lower it

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

no, you mentioned that you have overclocked your gpu core, lower it

Ok I tried 800 MHz, the problem still happens