Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help: Will Corsair Cables work on SeaSonic PSU?

WinDough

Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

Never mix cables from different PSU manufacturers, there is no standard for the pin out on the PSU side, so they will most likely be different.

I've recently bought these rgb fans off ebay and they require power from the psu with molex cables. I have a Seasonic G550 fully modular and i cant seem to find my cables so im looking at buying these Corsair Modular Molex Power Peripheral Cable off ebay and im wondering if they will still work on my Seasonic Power supply?

Never mix cables from different PSU manufacturers, there is no standard for the pin out on the PSU side, so they will most likely be different.

Seasonic uses a totally different pinout from Corsair, so you can't do that

and as mentioned by some others, please don't try this either. you have a chance of sending more voltage through something because of this, and can damage or even kill components this way

Thanks for the replies. So if i needed a molex cable for my psu I would have to find ones from my exact Power supply?

13 minutes ago, WinDough said:

Thanks for the replies. So if i needed a molex cable for my psu I would have to find ones from my exact Power supply?

correct

5 hours ago, WinDough said:

100% correct. Need to be the cables made for that exact PSU.